Stampede Brisket on RT-590

No worries, Welcome to the club.

I was raised in TX, so I like central Texas style brisket.

I guess Franklin is now the king of brisket in TX, but it use to be Black's, Smitty's or Kreuz Market (all in Lockhart, TX....about 1/2 an hour south of Austin). I always liked Blacks better than the other two, but others prefer one of the other ones. They are all excellent though.

I use pretty much anything that's in the hopper now, but Oak is my favorite for Beef. I bought 100 lbs of Bear Mountain Gourmet pellets, and they are pretty good with everything.

Here's an interesting article on Franklin's way of doing it, and pretty easy to do. I've always kind of done it this way, but used to wrap in foil.

https://theonlinegrill.com/aaron-franklin-brisket-recipe/

There's really nothing specific about smoking a brisket on a recteq compared to most other smokers. The 590 runs a little hotter on the right side, so I put the thicker point toward the right, otherwise, you can use one of the thousands of brisket recipes available on the web.

There's really nothing specific about smoking a brisket on a recteq compared to most other smokers. The 590 runs a little hotter on the right side, so I put the thicker point toward the right, otherwise, you can use one of the thousands of brisket recipes available on the web.
Thanks, I had been wondering which side was hotter.

No worries, Welcome to the club.

I was raised in TX, so I like central Texas style brisket.

I guess Franklin is now the king of brisket in TX, but it use to be Black's, Smitty's or Kreuz Market (all in Lockhart, TX....about 1/2 an hour south of Austin). I always liked Blacks better than the other two, but others prefer one of the other ones. They are all excellent though.

I use pretty much anything that's in the hopper now, but Oak is my favorite for Beef. I bought 100 lbs of Bear Mountain Gourmet pellets, and they are pretty good with everything.

Here's an interesting article on Franklin's way of doing it, and pretty easy to do. I've always kind of done it this way, but used to wrap in foil.

https://theonlinegrill.com/aaron-franklin-brisket-recipe/
I have not been to Franklin's yet, but Blacks is definitely my favorite!

I'd make sure you recognize that there are 1000 roads leading to the finish, a good brisket. Find a method that works for you.

My only real suggestion is to learn/understand what "probe tender" is and I'd make sure you rest it.
All I keep hearing on that is that it goes in like butter lol

I have not been to Franklin's yet, but Blacks is definitely my favorite

I have not been to Franklin's yet, but Blacks is definitely my favorite!
Me either, but if you don't get in line hours before they open...you ain't getting any.

Me....there very little on this planet that would have me waiting in line for it and none of it is food.

Me either, but if you don't get in line hours before they open...you ain't getting any.

Me....there very little on this planet that would have me waiting in line for it and none of it is food.
I heard you can actually order online for pickup now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back