Poultry Brine recipe for Beer Can Chicken

2Wheeler

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I did a beer can chicken today after I used a simple brine of 3/4 cup kosher salt, 2/3 sugar, 3/4 cup Dales and 1/2 cup Zatrains Liquid Crab Boil. 1/4 cup olive oil. Brining over night. I put Tony Chacheres as a rub and the chicken came out great. It had a good spicy kick for me if you want more add a 1/4 cup of the crab boil, less if you like milder. https://www.tonychachere.com/

Attachments

• C5DFF234-17E7-488A-9C09-54386C291162.jpeg
    C5DFF234-17E7-488A-9C09-54386C291162.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 128
Well it IS a picture! Not sure about the watermark though.....
LMAO well it’s a graphic representation of what the chicken looked like after, I could have taken a snapshot of the interior of my garbage can but it looks gross. ???

LMAO well it’s a graphic representation of what the chicken looked like after, I could have taken a snapshot of the interior of my garbage can but it looks gross. ???
So why the water mark? Did you just grab something of the net?
(oh - "graphic representation" got it! Sometimes reading comprehension eludes me!!)
Appreciate the effort on your part!

Last edited:
I use to do beer can chicken until I read an article on Amazingribs.com about how it effectively cooks it from the outside only rather than from in and outside.
With the can touching the meat in the cavity it can keep the heat from reaching it thereby possible contamination from being not hot enough.
That aside they always turned out great and it seemed the liquid in the can was boiling.
Anywho nowadays I just use the can holder and stuff citrus, herbs and onion in the bird.

Well if the probe says it’s done, it’s done and although there were no pictures since the recipe was for brine, I must admit the chicken came out great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back