Bone In Brisket?

ghuns

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
WTF is up with this thing?...

ACrAaV0l.jpg

A friend mentioned awhile back that she purchased a "brisket" at some organic, grass fed, free range, hippy dippy farm. She asked if I'd smoke it for her sometime. Sure, no problem.

We are going to hang out with her and her hubby at a lake house they're renting tomorrow. I asked earlier in the week if she'd like to eat that brisket on Saturday. She did and got it out to defrost. I asked how much it weighed, she said 7 pounds. 7 pounds? Ain't much of a brisket. Figured maybe it was just the flat. Anyways she dropped it off last night and I'm at a bit of a loss.

What kind of "butcher" cuts a piece of meat like this and calls it brisket? If we're lucky, there's about 2 pounds of meat in this thing. That fat next to the bone is hard fat that I'd normally trim off.

I guess I'm just gonna rub it with Meat Church Holy Cow, throw it on tonight around 225 and see what happens.

Unless anybody has a better idea.

WTF is up with this thing?...

ACrAaV0l.jpg

A friend mentioned awhile back that she purchased a "brisket" at some organic, grass fed, free range, hippy dippy farm. She asked if I'd smoke it for her sometime. Sure, no problem.

We are going to hang out with her and her hubby at a lake house they're renting tomorrow. I asked earlier in the week if she'd like to eat that brisket on Saturday. She did and got it out to defrost. I asked how much it weighed, she said 7 pounds. 7 pounds? Ain't much of a brisket. Figured maybe it was just the flat. Anyways she dropped it off last night and I'm at a bit of a loss.

What kind of "butcher" cuts a piece of meat like this and calls it brisket? If we're lucky, there's about 2 pounds of meat in this thing. That fat next to the bone is hard fat that I'd normally trim off.

I guess I'm just gonna rub it with Meat Church Holy Cow, throw it on tonight around 225 and see what happens.

Unless anybody has a better idea.
I think that you may have misunderstood your friend when she mentioned smoking it.

Might I suggest a smoke tube
download.jpg

I think you're going to need it, good luck.

Man, I want that apron he has.

I have zero idea where I could get a bone in brisket. I'll ask my butcher, but I want one like the mad scientist guy.....not that hunk O fat your friend got.

Love Tri-tips! I make them all the time.

Don't have a clue what I would do with that hunk of fat. Imagine the mess!

Tonight, we had one of our favorite things made with tritip. Tacos. Very California like. :) Very, very good, with a smokey flavor from the mesquite wood I used.

I have to wonder if that bone in brisket meat yield costs are compared to the best cuts (prime rib, filet mignon, etc).

So, it didn't suck. The meat was actually really good. Only yielded about 2 pounds though. I just pulled it by hand since slicing it wasn't an option.

tljt0ccl.jpg

But the hit of night was really the armadillo eggs...

SjzFlk4l.jpg

Ok, Thanks. I guess I do not want one of those. LOL.
JGW;

I don’t know if it was a lightning strike but last October (see attached) Amazon had a very similar one marked down from `$200 to ~$7.00 (yes, I said seven). I really like it and tried to order more but they went out of inventory pretty fast. The only drawback I have is that it can get pretty warm if I wear it on a typical sunny Southern California day but it is built like a beast and has many ways to adjust it for comfort. You may want to contact the seller (Goldeagle_Taiyang) to see if/when they will have more.

1629066336919.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back