Black Friday Sale Is On

It looks like the 590 deal is pretty nice (free competition cart). Like, HIlbe, I paid full price for my 700 plus all the accessories I added. After six months of solid use, I'm pretty darn happy even if no discounts. For anyone on the fence, I say go for it. After a few cooks, you won't regret it.

It looks like the 590 deal is pretty nice (free competition cart). Like, HIlbe, I paid full price for my 700 plus all the accessories I added. After six months of solid use, I'm pretty darn happy even if no discounts. For anyone on the fence, I say go for it. After a few cooks, you won't regret it.
P!us RT has had record sales. They really had no reason to have any huge deals. I am happy with what I have but that stampede deal is pretty sweet.

P!us RT has had record sales. They really had no reason to have any huge deals. I am happy with what I have but that stampede deal is pretty sweet.
So has Amazon but they are having some good deals.

I'm very happy with my $300 pitboss, use it 3 to 5 times a week. I'm not sure if the Recteq is going to make me $1400 happier.

Last BF they gave up to $200 off on various packages. At least that gave you some choices. I feel like this may just be a way to get rid of built up inventory of the matadors.

Seriously folks, I can’t understand the people getting salty about this. recteq has announced their Black Friday deals and they are what they are. If anyone was/is interested in buying a grill that now comes with a deal, it’s a better deal than what they offered you yesterday, or last week, or when most people here purchased their grills. Just because it’s not the deal that you hoped for or not the same deals they offered last year, it is the deal. Continuing to whine about it here is just going to make those of us who are grateful to have this friendly community salty. Be thankful for something today, please.

Seriously folks, I can’t understand the people getting salty about this. recteq has announced their Black Friday deals and they are what they are. If anyone was/is interested in buying a grill that now comes with a deal, it’s a better deal than what they offered you yesterday, or last week, or when most people here purchased their grills. Just because it’s not the deal that you hoped for or not the same deals they offered last year, it is the deal. Continuing to whine about it here is just going to make those of us who are grateful to have this friendly community salty. Be thankful for something today, please.
I'm thankful I live in a free country (that many people here don't appreciate) that allows me to complain!

We waited for Black Friday to make our purchase. My wife is from Asia so she was excited to see the Matador offer. I had already decided to purchase the RT-700 and had my accessory list created. So I would have purchased no matter what. But the Matador just sweetened the deal. As others have said sell it if you don't plan to use it and take the cash as a discount. Ebay or Craigslist make it pretty simple. If you can sell it for close to the same price as Recteq that is about a 25% discount off the grill.

Looks like a Cyber Monday sale

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 79
We waited for Black Friday to make our purchase. My wife is from Asia so she was excited to see the Matador offer. I had already decided to purchase the RT-700 and had my accessory list created. So I would have purchased no matter what. But the Matador just sweetened the deal. As others have said sell it if you don't plan to use it and take the cash as a discount. Ebay or Craigslist make it pretty simple. If you can sell it for close to the same price as Recteq that is about a 25% discount off the grill.

As someone already stated, it doesn't appear to really be a true wok cooking apparatus. Selling is just a hassle and around here there is a ton of grilling/smoking stuff for sale. You would probably have to go 1/2 price to sell it and then you would have to deal with all the no shows. Maybe it is just my area, but you have to deal with a ton of no shows.

The matador is now completely gone from their site, not just listed as "out of stock". Makes me wonder if this was just their way of clearing out stock of an item that wasn't selling and they were going to drop from their lineup.

I'll just keep on waiting. They've offered the competition cart at 1/2 price during 2020 so I'm sure it will come back around. If things don't start improving economy wise soon, I may be able to actually find a used one listed for sale. Who knows, I may be out of work and selling all my grilling toys.

I was thinking the same thing. It probably wasn't a top seller. Usually Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are just a way of unloading excess and slow selling inventory.

Interesting that these were pulled off the website about the same time they listed the RT-700 and Matador combo had sold out. Probably would have upset a few people. Thanks for the photos.

They may have allocated a certain amount of stock for the combos. No obligation for them to give every Matador they had on hand, just because there was a special deal.
You are correct, and I agree. However there was a suggestion that the intent of this sale was to clear out the remaining stock of Matadors to drop it from their lineup. Anything can happen, but the number of boxes of them in the warehouse and the fact that there are multiple Matadors alongside the other grills in the showroom would, to me, suggest that is not the case.

You are correct, and I agree. However there was a suggestion that the intent of this sale was to clear out the remaining stock of Matadors to drop it from their lineup. Anything can happen, but the number of boxes of them in the warehouse and the fact that there are multiple Matadors alongside the other grills in the showroom would, to me, suggest that is not the case.
Yep, who knows exactly what's happening besides the people who work there. Earlier this year the rubs & sauces were gone from the website. Turns out they were just waiting to announce the rebranding and had plenty of product on hand with new labels.

What intrigues me is folks deciding that something shady is happening with these types of things. Like the nefarious theories around the Bullseye a few months ago. People like to imagine a conspiracy.

Hope you are having fun @Greg Jones at the Academy. Say hello to Trish Seymour for me. Please tell Ray & Ron would love to see a WiFi mod come out for the Bullseye and a cart would be nice too. Thanks

Hope you are having fun @Greg Jones at the Academy. Say hello to Trish Seymour for me. Please tell Ray & Ron would love to see a WiFi mod come out for the Bullseye and a cart would be nice too. Thanks
I haven’t seen Ray yet, but I’ll pass on suggestions. I’m also going to post lots of pictures here when I get back home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back