Black Friday Sale Is On

Waterboy

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
The sale has started. I ordered a RT 700 as a “Birthmas “ gift for our son (40th) and got a free Matador. Don’t know if there will be more / different deals tomorrow but good stuff now!

Here is the home page
1606365239195.png

The sale has started. I ordered a RT 700 as a “Birthmas “ gift for our son (40th) and got a free Matador. Don’t know if there will be more / different deals tomorrow but good stuff now!
I’m very disappointed, was hoping for discounted competition cart for RT700, the Matador is useless to me. I held off ordering for 6 weeks for nothing.

Hopefully there is more but I’m guessing this is it.

I’m very disappointed, was hoping for discounted competition cart for RT700, the Matador is useless to me. I held off ordering for 6 weeks for nothing.

Hopefully there is more but I’m guessing this is it.
I feel the same way. I’d be happy with the 50% off on the competition cart with the Bull like they recently had. Now I’m debating if I would be happy with the 590.

edit: I didn't mean to sound so negative. Those are actually some pretty good deals. Just not what I was hoping for.

Last edited:
I ordered the RT-700 with the free Matador as well. I didn't know they offered different items every day. I am happy to get the gas burner regardless. I am new to the group. Looking forward to learning alot from you guys!

I don’t know if they are offering different items each day. I tried to say I wasn’t sure if these were the only deals they were going to offer.

I don’t know if they are offering different items each day. I tried to say I wasn’t sure if these were the only deals they were going to offer.
According to their facebook page these are the deals and they will not change. A lot of negative (surprise, its facebook!) replies there about the matador offer. Also a lot of people were hoping for the accessories sale like last year, which I think was 20% off.

I was all ready to get the RT700 and several of the accessories but now rethinking it. I also really like the Yoder's and with no BF deal the RT700 and accessories gets into Yoder money territory.

Very disappointed also with Black Friday. Like they don’t care about existing owners. I hope they add additional items in the accessories for sale.

Personally I thought the deal was great and glad I waited until this morning to buy. I’m building the 700 into a table with my kamado Joe so the cart would have been a disappointing offer to me. I wouldn’t have ordered the matador but I’ll find fun ways to use it. Also didn’t need a mat or cover so the only thing better to me would have been a free pellet offer but personally I’m excited.

I was also hoping to order a 700 during the deals but have no use for a Matador. Would I be just as happy with the 590? Is is just 2 of us but family comes over often. Is there a comparison chart somewhere on how much ribs, chicken, etc for each?

I'm in the same boat as those who were waiting for the sale. It's a heck of deal to get free a cooker with the purchase of a RT700, but I have zero use for it. And not sure i want to try to resell it...

I'm in the same boat as those who were waiting for the sale. It's a heck of deal to get free a cooker with the purchase of a RT700, but I have zero use for it. And not sure i want to try to resell it...
Fully agree. It wouldn’t be the first time I bought a multi-item deal with the intent of selling one of the items, only to never sell the other item due to not wanting to deal with the hassle. So I find myself looking at the matador, trying to see if I would actually use it. Other than portability, is it any better than a wok on the side burner of my gas grill? You don’t see much discussion of the matador on this forum, and not many reviews on the RT site. But as said above, if I buy the 590 because it comes with the cart, I may have long term regrets. But $900 for 590 with cart versus $1600 for a 700 with cart (and a grill I may never use or sell) is hard to ignore. I guess I will keep thinking about it and just live with my 340 for now....

I’m puzzled why recteq calls the Matador a wok cooker, because it really has nothing in common with a wok. The burner are not hot enough (18k BTU) and the heat is not concentrated on a small area as is the case with a wok burner. Plus, for truly authentic wok cooking, a wok needs to be moved around with the weak hand to flip and rotate the food while cooking.

I consider the Matador to be more of a paella pan cooker, which would explain the name and the red handles. I make dishes such a Jambalaya in mine as well as deep frying chicken, fries, etc. in mine. You can also remove the pan and use it as a gas burner for a skillet, Dutch oven, etc. The more I use mine, the more I think of additional ways to cook in it.

But as said above, if I buy the 590 because it comes with the cart, I may have long term regrets. But $900 for 590 with cart versus $1600 for a 700 with cart (and a grill I may never use or sell) is hard to ignore. I guess I will keep thinking about it and just live with my 340 for now....

Agreed. Now I'm looking at the 590 after months of researching and deciding on the 700... with cart... oh well, there are worse dilemmas to have ;)

Hello, first post. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the sale. I was going ride over and pick up the 590 and comp cart last week, but was told if I could wait it might be worth my time, glad I did. I'll ride over next weekend and pick it up along with some accessories. It will be my first pellet grill, really looking forward to learning how to cook on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back