BKF Cookware

Bytor

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
I know there have been threads about BKF here, but has anyone tried the BKF Cookware product? I was going to buy the regular BKF and then saw this one. I haven't tried it on my Trailblazer, but have used it on some stainless posts that I have. This material seems more coarse than the original. The SDS for this identifies Glass Oxide and no Feldspar, which is in the original. This also seems to lather up more than the original too.

Seems to work really good on my stainless. Hopefully, I can get to use on my Trailblazer later today, though I just cleaned it a cook, or two ago.

1591545482674.png

I know there have been threads about BKF here, but has anyone tried the BKF Cookware product? I was going to buy the regular BKF and then saw this one. I haven't tried it on my Trailblazer, but have used it on some stainless posts that I have. This material seems more coarse than the original. The SDS for this identifies Glass Oxide and no Feldspar, which is in the original. This also seems to lather up more than the original too.

Seems to work really good on my stainless. Hopefully, I can get to use on my Trailblazer later today, though I just cleaned it a cook, or two ago.

View attachment 4654
Never tried this version let us know how it goes.

Well, it appears I broke with the terms and conditions of this website and have no photos to show....:eek:

I think this may now be my go to stainless cleaner. It worked really well on some stubborn areas around the lid hinges and seal area. One area I applied and rubbed and the other similar stained area I let it sit for a few minutes. The sitting time definitely assisted in getting all of the char removed. I think it leaves a little more of a chalky haze needing wiped up, more than the original. Other than that, it worked great.

I would say, that if you come across this version of BKF, I would get some.

Well, it appears I broke with the terms and conditions of this website and have no photos to show....:eek:

I think this may now be my go to stainless cleaner. It worked really well on some stubborn areas around the lid hinges and seal area. One area I applied and rubbed and the other similar stained area I let it sit for a few minutes. The sitting time definitely assisted in getting all of the char removed. I think it leaves a little more of a chalky haze needing wiped up, more than the original. Other than that, it worked great.

I would say, that if you come across this version of BKF, I would get some.
Thanks for the the feed back on this version of BKF Cookware. This forum has some pretty lax posting rules so I'm not sure where the terms and conditions of this website and have no photos to show comes from, this forum isn't FB and pretty much lets everything show up with in reason.

The "sitting" for awhile makes sense assuming this formula still contains oxalic acid as the other, the additional residence time would soften the gunk. On brushed finish a more aggressive abrasive in the product could be more effective with no apparent damage to the finish, but I'm wondering how apparent that might be on a polished finish such as the outside of All-clad pans. Any feedback on that?

I was finally able to open the OP link, Holy Moley For $19.99 for a 12 Oz a container on Amazon I'll scrub a little more with the original BKF $1.93for a 21 Oz container from Walmart.

I was finally able to open the OP link, Holy Moley For $19.99 for a 12 Oz a container on Amazon I'll scrub a little more with the original BKF $1.93for a 21 Oz container from Walmart.
I hear ya. I "only" paid $11.99 for it. I swear, it seems like we are getting gouged with just about everything these days. I figure this can will last me for quite some time, so I at least wanted to try it out. For some reason, I can only locate the liquid version of regular BKF in my area. I just wish these containers came with plastic lids, that label on the top is horrible to re-use....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back