BFG first time use

rjs03hdcp

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Good Sunday afternoon to everyone. I'm using my BFG for the first time today and I'm having trouble keeping a steady temp, its running about 45 degrees warmer. I have the feed down to the min 3%. If the BFG is sitting in direct sun (about 85 outside temp) can that have an effect on the temp.

Thank you in advance

Yes it can. I am surprised you lowered it down to what I would say is the minimum to keep her lit and are still experiencing warmer temps....how long has it been running? Have you verified it is actually that warm with an independent thermometer? Could just be a reading error.

thx for the response , I've had it running for 5 hours for my ribs, I haven't verified with an independent. right now as I look on my phone i have it set at 230 and its reading 280

Read this whole thread for Sean's similar experience and the responses that RT gave him. Seems it's related to the type of pellets used.

also the fan goes on and off every 5 to 8 seconds

thank you very much I will call them tomorrow, I'm new to this site, where can I find that chat string on line so I can ask them what type of pellets they purchased from rec tec thank you again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back