BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

This is what the 3rmp auger looks like. It use to be 30+ mins to get to 400

Attachments

• 4D7E0B77-6182-4BDF-8E6F-162C90F33EA5.png
    4D7E0B77-6182-4BDF-8E6F-162C90F33EA5.png
    446.3 KB · Views: 119
Read through about 10 pages lol but had me
Hooked on the 1st one and now I just ordered the new motor.
biggest thing i was worried about is still being able to stay at low temps like 180 and getting to high temps faster for searing.
now i have to sit and wait for it

Read through about 10 pages lol but had me
Hooked on the 1st one and now I just ordered the new motor.
biggest thing i was worried about is still being able to stay at low temps like 180 and getting to high temps faster for searing.
now i have to sit and wait for it
Try doing MFR of 15 at 180-200 and 20 at 225 or higher

So just Got the new auger on. Very simple. Only small issue i had was getting the cotter pin in because of where the holes were lined up but other than that its a 10min job. Have somewhere to go so Unfortunately i won’t be Able to fully give it a test run yet but did start it up to make sure it was running.

Any special tricks to get this cotter pin in with the 3RPM motor? I feel like I’m fighting it and going nowhere….

My 700 gets delivered tomorrow. I wish I had joined the FB Owners group where they indicated I wouldn't get good grill results with this. Would have saved me $10 shipping. 3RPM motor is on order. Too bad it isn't on the pallet with the grill.

your saying the facebook group doesn’t like the 3rpm motor? as far as i know every one hear likes it. i know for me the only way i will put the 2rpm back in is if my 3rpm broke and i was waiting on a replacement. i love the 3rpm motor. tons of power and no real down side to it
If you come across a extra 3 RPM motor let me know. My Bullseye is just begging for one.

Does anyone know what size/speed auger is in the 590 and 340 grills, or if the 3 rpm motor will easily swap into them? Experiences? I have a friend looking to get into grilling and wants to smoke and sear. I really don’t think the bullseye is what he’s looking for and the Bull-700 is out of his price range.

your saying the facebook group doesn’t like the 3rpm motor? as far as i know every one hear likes it. i know for me the only way i will put the 2rpm back in is if my 3rpm broke and i was waiting on a replacement. i love the 3rpm motor. tons of power and no real down side to it
No. I was just asking around for tips and the prevailing response was that it wouldn't be great for grilling. That lead me here where I'd recalled glimpsing this thread. Faster warm up is well worth another $50 I'm sure since I plan this to be my only grill.

+1 on that. No way would I ever go back to 2 RPM unless I had no other option. Thank you for all of your hard work on this, @chadinsc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back