RT-1250 Better Aftermarket Cover?

craigp

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I love almost everything about my RT-1250, except for the factory grill cover. It is without a doubt, the most difficult cover of any of my grills, to remove and replace. Has anyone found a better aftermarket cover?

I love almost everything about my RT-1250, except for the factory grill cover. It is without a doubt, the most difficult cover of any of my grills, to remove and replace. Has anyone found a better aftermarket cover?
This is the one I got, completely waterproof and super easy to put on and off. It has a 20% off right now. There are cheeper ones out there but this one feels like it will be there for many years.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08WQ2LJ9B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

As another option, have a zipper installed in your cover. This one has been popular here, and even with having it installed it should be half the price of a new cover. Here is one thread on doing it

Do you have it it on an RT-1250? The comments said the cover won’t fit a grill with a smokestack.
Yes I do, and it fits perfect. It covers the smokestack and the entire grill to the ground. Takes about 10 seconds to put on and take off. Unlike the RT cover, I never have any moisture under the cover standing on the grill after it rains.

How long has it been in use?
I have had it for 6 months now, (just down the road from you here in Granby) and it is like the day I bought it. With the way it fits over the smokestack it never pools up water on the top of the pellet lid like the RT cover does. When it rained, I always got moisture under the RT cover but not a drop with this one.

I had 5 grills before the RT, now I have 3, all of them use covers. Tried many brands, all get about 2 years before the rain gets through, at least here in MA. I'm giving up getting pricey ones as they don't last me longer then the cheaper ones. Pricey to me is anything over $50.

The best I had were the short Weber covers, being so short they never let humidity build up. Wish someone still made them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back