Best looking smoke ring yet.

epcotisbest

Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Brisket smoked with maple pellets today on my RT_340.
Last one I did the exact same way with same rub, same pellets, same basic everything and had practically no smoke ring.
This one today the smoke ring looks great. Taste was good just like last time, moist and tender, nice bark.
Wonder what made the difference?

smoke ring.jpg

smoke ring 2.jpg

Likely, the meat itself was the difference. Sometimes, you find a brisket that is fine-grained and the smoke doesn’t penetrate as well.

That makes sense, and I had not thought of that, but is really the only difference I can think of, though this one and the last one were sourced from the same place (Kroger). Still, bought at different times so that is the variable I was not thinking about.

Fat cap down vs fat cap up ive found creates a more pronounced smoke ring, but if you did all the same im stumped. Never realized a cuts grain tightness could have an effect like that as mentioned above! Learn something new everyday here! Great looking brisket!

Brisket smoked with maple pellets today on my RT_340.
Last one I did the exact same way with same rub, same pellets, same basic everything and had practically no smoke ring.
This one today the smoke ring looks great. Taste was good just like last time, moist and tender, nice bark.
Wonder what made the difference?

View attachment 14829

View attachment 14830
Beautiful! And nice bike too. I have a Road Glide Ultra.

Looks great, I have a prime Cosco brisket I purchased can't wait to cook on my RT590. what temperatures did you use, and how long?

Thanks Jerry

MEATSMOKER TEMPSMOKING TIMEMEAT TEMPRUBS OR SAUCESMISC INFO
Beef BrisketU@LO / W@270Start time 10:00 pmU@150 / W@200-205Garlic Onion Pepper and Salt Blend for 24 hrsU 8 hrs+/- (Paper)W 8 hrs+/- Rest 4 hrs+/-

Hope this helps

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back