Stampede Beef Tenderloin-Perfect!

Vacuum bags but nothing last forever.

I cooked my FIRST beef tenderloin today and it was amazing!

Here is what I did after reading alot and listening to all of your input.

Started off with a full beef tenderloin, trimmed up to just leave the center of the tenderloin (saved rest for later).
Rubbed room temp tenderloin in Dijon mustard, sprinkled some kosher salt and pepper and then 3tsp each of FRESH, rosemary, thyme, oregano and sage. Full disclosure, my wife did get fresh herbs and chopped them for me! It does make a difference. Layed out the herbs and rolled the tenderloin in it, seemed like it might be too much, but it was fine! Let sit at room temp for an hour.
Then put on RT for about an hour and a half at 225 until internal temp of 125, then pulled, put on sear kit and seared 4 sides for about 5 minutes each. Lastly rested for 15 minutes.

It was perfect, Not sure what I would have done different, but I am sure I will do something different next time.
Family loved the meat was succulent, tender and juicy.
Thanks to all for your input!
Gave your recipe a try, but I front seared it 2-3 minutes on 4 sides on flat side grill grates on my gasser first, then ran it at 280-300 on the RT-700 until about 140 IT.

Thickest part was MR, excellent.

I will say that the crust had a bit of an "off"/bad smoke taste. I think I may have burned the herbs with the front sear, or maybe just haven't cleaned my grill in a while! Used hickory Bear Mountain pellets. If I do it with the herbs again, will definitely do the reverse sear. If you know/remember, what was final IT after finishing the reverse sear?

Gave your recipe a try, but I front seared it 2-3 minutes on 4 sides on flat side grill grates on my gasser first, then ran it at 280-300 on the RT-700 until about 140 IT.

Thickest part was MR, excellent.

I will say that the crust had a bit of an "off"/bad smoke taste. I think I may have burned the herbs with the front sear, or maybe just haven't cleaned my grill in a while! Used hickory Bear Mountain pellets. If I do it with the herbs again, will definitely do the reverse sear. If you know/remember, what was final IT after finishing the reverse sear?
I have done this twice with excellent results. I reverse sear, I do think searing first would burn the herbs. I pulled a little earler this time, maybe 115 then seared to 135 pulled and rested. It was awesome!

I cooked my FIRST beef tenderloin today and it was amazing!

Here is what I did after reading alot and listening to all of your input.

Started off with a full beef tenderloin, trimmed up to just leave the center of the tenderloin (saved rest for later).
Rubbed room temp tenderloin in Dijon mustard, sprinkled some kosher salt and pepper and then 3tsp each of FRESH, rosemary, thyme, oregano and sage. Full disclosure, my wife did get fresh herbs and chopped them for me! It does make a difference. Layed out the herbs and rolled the tenderloin in it, seemed like it might be too much, but it was fine! Let sit at room temp for an hour.
Then put on RT for about an hour and a half at 225 until internal temp of 125, then pulled, put on sear kit and seared 4 sides for about 5 minutes each. Lastly rested for 15 minutes.

It was perfect, Not sure what I would have done different, but I am sure I will do something different next time.
Family loved the meat was succulent, tender and juicy.
Thanks to all for your input!
Man that looks awesome! That’s my favorite steak hands down. If you can find one that is choice or prime they will tender enough to cut with a fork, and the flavor is really good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back