Beef Plate Ribs

BethV

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Just gotta say... it just doesn't get much better than 11 inch beef Plate ribs!
IMG_20201128_154031.jpg

Those look great. What rub did you use? Did you brine them?

I cooked some last weekend. Prime from costco. Tried a new rub I found that is called Simply Pecan. They were great. I just wish they weren't so expensive. They are basically double the price per pound paid due to the big bones.

Those look great. What rub did you use? Did you brine them?

I cooked some last weekend. Prime from costco. Tried a new rub I found that is called Simply Pecan. They were great. I just wish they weren't so expensive. They are basically double the price per pound paid due to the big bones.
@opus I don't brine them. I trim the heck out of them. They have a fat cap that I always remove. Then I used Louisiana Hot Sauce as a binder, Meathead's Beef Rub, and Schwartz's Montreal Seasoning.

@BethV those ribs look great! Plate ribs are my favorite BBQ meat. The best I ever had was a beautiful dry aged rack I got from an artisanal (read that as $$$$) butcher shop in town. At least they trimmed it just the way I wanted before they weighed the ribs.

Another great cook, Beth. I see you're keeping them together to cook rather than cut individually. I think they are more moist as we discussed.

Another great cook, Beth. I see you're keeping them together to cook rather than cut individually. I think they are more moist as we discussed.
Chuck, I still have 2 slabs in the freezer. I think I might try the individual ribs the next time. I do love bark!

Those ribs do look amazing. I have smoked a few slabs myself. They take forever but they are well worth it !

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back