Became a Pellet Owner

Edthebook

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Never thought about using or having a pellet grill as I was a die hard lump charcoal person.

Seen the Treager being demonstrated in Costco but was never impressed.

While talking on the phone to a acquaintance living in another state he started up his Rec Tec. I asked him about it and he told me all the benefits and how much he uses it as opposed to the charcoal smoker as it is easier. When we hung up I looked at the Rec Tec and ordered the 700. It was delivered 4 days later. Have been using it everyday.

Much easier to start it up and forget about instead of the constant monitoring and temp adjusting like I had to do with the lump charcoal smoker.

I had a similar experience. I was mentioning to a colleague that I was in the market for a smoker. He pointed out rec tec. after doing a bunch of research, I purchased the 590. I purchased Monday, still no word on shipping though. I'm super excited to get it here. I'm sure it will even replace my weber spirit 310.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I was never a charcoal smoker because i knew it was just too time consuming for me. I started smoking with an electric smoker and was hooked on the flavor, I then decided to step up to a pellet smoker and after much searching and video watching, i picked the RT700. I really enjoy using it and the food so far have been great! Enjoy your Bull and the food that comes off it.

I had a similar experience. I was mentioning to a colleague that I was in the market for a smoker. He pointed out rec tec. after doing a bunch of research, I purchased the 590. I purchased Monday, still no word on shipping though. I'm super excited to get it here. I'm sure it will even replace my weber spirit 310.

i ordered the 700 at 8 pm EST. July 13. The website had a note that they will be shipped the week of the 20th. I got a email the next day that it was shipped. Received it that Fri at 2:30 pm. I didn’t expect it that soon.

While waiting buy some pellets and watch the video on the assembly and read the manual.

Last edited:
Never thought about using or having a pellet grill as I was a die hard lump charcoal person.

Seen the Treager being demonstrated in Costco but was never impressed.

While talking on the phone to a acquaintance living in another state he started up his Rec Tec. I asked him about it and he told me all the benefits and how much he uses it as opposed to the charcoal smoker as it is easier. When we hung up I looked at the Rec Tec and ordered the 700. It was delivered 4 days later. Have been using it everyday.

Much easier to start it up and forget about instead of the constant monitoring and temp adjusting like I had to do with the lump charcoal smoker.
Congrats on the new Bull, your going to love it for the ease of use and the food that comes off of it, welcome to the forums, there are lots of great folks here with many different ways to BBQ.

Congrats on the new Bull, your going to love it for the ease of use and the food that comes off of it, welcome to the forums, there are lots of great folks here with many different ways to BBQ.

making burgers and sweet potato fries on it right now.

Tonight before going to bed I have a brisket ready to put on. Planning on 200 or below until I get up and then wrapping with pink butcher paper. Also am going to do jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Getting ready for a nice restful day on the deck with family.

i ordered the 700 at 8 pm EST. July 13. The website had a note that they will be shipped the week of the 20th. I got a email the next day that it was shipped. Received it that Fri at 2:30 pm. I didn’t expect it that soon.

While waiting buy some pellets and watch the video on the assembly and read the manual.

Was a Delivery appointment set up with you? thanks

Was a Delivery appointment set up with you? thanks

I received a email form recteq with the tracking number.

I was able to follow the shipping and got a call from the local UPS Freight Warehouse to set up a time for the delivery that was for the next day. They also wanted to know if someone would be home and did my street allow semi access.

The driver did have a hard time trying to fit it in my mailbox. 🤗

I received a email form recteq with the tracking number.

I was able to follow the shipping and got a call from the local UPS Freight Warehouse to set up a time for the delivery that was for the next day. They also wanted to know if someone would be home and did my street allow semi access.

The driver did have a hard time trying to fit it in my mailbox. 🤗

thanks, mine is at the UPS Phoenix, Az Warehouse. guess I'm waiting for the delivery call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back