BBRibs on 590

Syd

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I have done many baby backs on other smokers. These were great. I did try a little different technique this time also, because I was able to track time and temp better. 225 for 2 hours, then normal wrap with brown sugar, parkey margarine, honey, more rub, and apple juice. The rub I use is Rib Tickler, (Johnmy Triggs). Wrapped and put back on at 250 for 2 hours. Then back on grill naked for 25 minutes with sauce.

Attachments

• 85D495B5-EE58-4045-9A44-EC7A0965E244.jpeg
    85D495B5-EE58-4045-9A44-EC7A0965E244.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 120
I did BB a few weeks ago were perfect 321 system then I did them again and they were dry I did not add apple juice when I wrapped
Did BB last night and they sucked I added to much apple juice and I steamed them I guess

I did BB a few weeks ago were perfect 321 system then I did them again and they were dry I did not add apple juice when I wrapped
Did BB last night and they sucked I added to much apple juice and I steamed them I guess
I am a newbie at this. I got my first smoker 10 years ago. And as you can see from my post ,I am still trying different techniques. Proteins are like snow flakes, no 2 are alike. I have found that BBRibs are a 4 to 5 max cook time at 225 to 250. Malissa Cookson a multi world champ at ribs has a great utube on BB’s at 250 for 4 hours on a pellet cooker. Just google her name and it comes up.

I sent a reply but it went to my post. LoL I would also depend on the finishing temp of 200-203 or the bend test

I am a newbie at this. I got my first smoker 10 years ago. And as you can see from my post ,I am still trying different techniques. Proteins are like snow flakes, no 2 are alike. I have found that BBRibs are a 4 to 5 max cook time at 225 to 250. Malissa Cookson a multi world champ at ribs has a great utube on BB’s at 250 for 4 hours on a pellet cooker. Just google her name and it comes up.
Just watched Melissa's video on youtube. Looks pretty good. There is a BBQ show on Netflix where she is the host. Apparently she is is a multi-year world champion. So very well respected

I have done ribs on my 590 and my son-in-law's new 340. Used a type of 3-2-1 recipe. On the 340, set at 250 deg, Mustard/worchester/apple juice mix & rub - 3 baby back racks on edge at 3 hours using a rib rack, Then put all 3 into a large alum foil pan ($1 from Dollar Tree) with brown sugar, honey, 1/4 cup of apple juice and cover tight with alum foil for 1 3/4 hours, then take out, put on grate - bone down & about 30 minutes with BBQ sauce (bone down). Were great - everyone loved them. I like meat to almost fall off bone. I think the 340 will handle 5 racks using the rib holder (got from Home Depot - Weber), but haven't tried that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back