BBQ Gloves?

As you can see, just saying "bbq gloves" isn't enough definition as there is no singular task requiring gloves in outdoor cooking. I'll add yet another option, depending on what and how someone is working. I have fabric gloves with bonded nitrile coating that I use for various cleanup functions and for when handling unlit charcoal (obviously outside the purpose of this forum). "Regular" nitrile or vinyl gloves don't often hold up to more "rigorous" functions and leather gloves soil too easily or are too bulky for others, which calls for a third option in my equipment drawer. I also use the above noted products as the folks have described...........sort of "the right tool for the job" thing.

Thank y’all for the info.
I see there are options based on functionality.
I came across this last night and was wondering if anyone used something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/RAPICCA-Resi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XTVNGNRMYRYPW5RFHQ31
I have a set of those too that I bought early on in my outdoor cooking adventures, used mostly to handle hot meat, especially when pulling pork or beef. They work fine, are reasonably well insulated, but do tend to be pretty slippery when greasy. I now prefer the cotton glove with nitrile over glove for the same functions as the dexterity is much better, particularly for my arthritic hands.

Thank y’all for the info.
I see there are options based on functionality.
I came across this last night and was wondering if anyone used something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/RAPICCA-Resi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XTVNGNRMYRYPW5RFHQ31
I have something similar. As noted, they can be useful in handling hot large items. Some have texture to help with slipperiness. There is a trade-off in dexterity, though (at least with mine).

The cotton liner with nitrile glove over that is a good option. I found the liner helps with even donning the nitrile in the first place.

The cotton liner with nitrile glove over that is a good option. I found the liner helps with even donning the nitrile in the first place.
Same here, mostly because my hands get so hot, and sweaty. I can easily destroy nitrile gloves just putting them on. I also have a small bottle of baby powder that my wife gave me (corn starch would be good also) to help getting plain nitrile gloves on.

I bought these back in the Fall and they work well. Even got some tongs with them to boot. I use them both inside and out. They are great for taking baking sheets out of the oven and gasser. Now, I wouldn't take a screaming hot pizza steel out with them and continue holding onto it for a long period of time, but they do work as advertised plus non slip too.

Gloves

Can you folks please stop posting things that keep emptying my wallet faster than it fills?

Now I need new gloves.. thanks 😁
I agree, my wallet is taking a beating.

I guess since I have a large 2 pronged fork and a large spatula hanging on my grill I have no need for gloves. Does that make me a heathen? Being an old retired welder my fingers are used to dealing with heat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back