Back to my roots

Waterboy

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
My wife and I just got back from a trip to Southern California where I grew up. Thought I’d share a few pictures from a spot that holds many great memories for me. This is the BBQ area from a County park in Santa Barbara County just outside of Solvang. Used to have huge 4th of July picnics, fundraiser BBQs and family special occasions here. I could almost smell the tri tip cooking over the Oak wood fire. The last photo is of the little waterfall at the back end of the park; about a 10 minute hike.
62F8E18A-517E-4963-97CE-D96DB5CEDD4A.jpeg
9108C116-5921-4860-A4F2-0CFF0FE40F10.jpeg
A39DBA0B-71F2-40AC-A069-1C14CC8A996D.jpeg

@rgreenberg2000 yes it is. They had some rain a few days earlier so I figured the falls would be beautiful.

@rgreenberg2000 yes it is. They had some rain a few days earlier so I figured the falls would be beautiful.
When our daughter was in school in SoCal, we stopped there sometimes to break up the drive and stretch our legs. Great little park, and a short, but nice, hike in to see the falls if they are running. I recognized it immediately. :)

R

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Southern California where I grew up. Thought I’d share a few pictures from a spot that holds many great memories for me. This is the BBQ area from a County park in Santa Barbara County just outside of Solvang. Used to have huge 4th of July picnics, fundraiser BBQs and family special occasions here. I could almost smell the tri tip cooking over the Oak wood fire. The last photo is of the little waterfall at the back end of the park; about a 10 minute hike.
That is a wonderful and very familiar area. I'm a UCSB alumni, and our son is currently attending there. In fact, we will be back in Los Olivos and Santa Ynez in two weeks. Time for some of that Santa Maria tri-tip to go with a couple more cases of wine purchases.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back