Aura Cast Iron Grate

Hilbe

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
I saw the posts on Facebook about the Aura grate and jumped in. Wow the photos don’t do this thing justice. This is solid! Will be putting some canola oil on tonight and maybe get some burgers going. Can’t wait to cook on it.

887A9745-3827-456B-9660-5571765DB651.jpeg
1BDD5AD3-21DC-4B40-BFD4-A64C45375FD8.jpeg

Dang that looks REALLY nice. You might want to add some support under that deck to support all that extra weight. ;)

Sprayed with canola oil, riot mode for 30 to 45 mins, and then burgers/brats/hotdogs went on. No sticking, it was great!

May try the canola oil spraying thing, but I can confirm it seems pretty heavy duty, it's all of the advertised 8 lbs. Read some reviews about cracking at high heat, but it seems to be pretty solid - we've only done one cook on the grate so far and that was at ~375F, we usually use either "Grill Grates" or a Pizza stone for higher heat cooks, so not sure it will be a problem for us, but I'll certainly report any issues.

May try the canola oil spraying thing, but I can confirm it seems pretty heavy duty, it's all of the advertised 8 lbs. Read some reviews about cracking at high heat, but it seems to be pretty solid - we've only done one cook on the grate so far and that was at ~375F, we usually use either "Grill Grates" or a Pizza stone for higher heat cooks, so not sure it will be a problem for us, but I'll certainly report any issues.
I didn't see any cracking on RT grills, just on ones with uneven heat like weber or green egg. Think we're in better shape with the bullseye than those guys.

I didn't see any cracking on RT grills, just on ones with uneven heat like weber or green egg. Think we're in better shape with the bullseye than those guys.
Hope you're right, the reviews concerned me.

Hope you're right, the reviews concerned me.

I posted the same concerns to a FB thread and that's what they said...I checked the reviews myself and it looked legit. Bought it afterwards. I figure it's only $65, not the end of the world to crack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back