Bullseye Augur issue after replacement

Mikemc59

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Long story short I left my drip pan in the grill and water got spilled into the firepot, and subsequently into the augur. The pellets became a nice concrete like paste that required me taking the grill apart and taking care of all that. Once I reassembled it I ran into a new problem. The augur now spins smoothly as it did before, but only does so for a exact 30 second interval. After the 30 seconds, it will not spin (even if I wait up to 3 minutes). Once I turn the grill off and back on, however, the augur proceeds to spin normally again for another 30 second interval, but then stops working.

Any ideas on a fix here? Hoping its some simple setting I can fix on my own or a wire I may have knocked loose or something.

Thanks for any potential help!

Long story short I left my drip pan in the grill and water got spilled into the firepot, and subsequently into the augur. The pellets became a nice concrete like paste that required me taking the grill apart and taking care of all that. Once I reassembled it I ran into a new problem. The augur now spins smoothly as it did before, but only does so for a exact 30 second interval. After the 30 seconds, it will not spin (even if I wait up to 3 minutes). Once I turn the grill off and back on, however, the augur proceeds to spin normally again for another 30 second interval, but then stops working.

Any ideas on a fix here? Hoping its some simple setting I can fix on my own or a wire I may have knocked loose or something.

Thanks for any potential help!
Honestly, I would just call the customer service. They are so easy to get hold of.

Exactly 30 seconds sounds suspiciously like something to do with the controller. Yes, call Recteq. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back