Auger stuck

maccruz

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-300
after six years, having issues with auger (won't turn). cleaned the hopper, banged on unit (worked twice to clear tube), cleaned ash bowl no joy. bought in 2015, hopper box is solid no access except from bottom grate. I can hear clicking as if the module is trying to get the auger to turn but no joy. HOW do I get to or remove the innards other than the bottom grate access? I noticed four bolt/nuts in the grill body interior, should I remove those? any help appreciated...

I think the best advice is to call Recteq. They’ll guide you.
Thanks. I sent an email and their reply is to watch a video for newer models with easy access to the auger and motor. the video does not help me as my model is so old there is no easy access.

Short of some parts welded in place that thing went together with human hands so there's gotta be a way to get the auger out of there.

I would give RT a call and have them walk you through it.
On my former smoker (T) had to replace auger motor. When I pulled it out I was able to pull the auger out.

Thanks. I sent an email and their reply is to watch a video for newer models with easy access to the auger and motor. the video does not help me as my model is so old there is no easy access.
Hmmm. That’s a disappointing response from them. Not up to their usual level. Maybe a phone call would work better?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back