Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
Does anyone know the Recteq auger motor RPMs? The 2500 is 4 RPMs but not sure about the others.
Thanks
Chris

AFAIK the auger RPM is constant, it starts and stops to control feed. Don't know if they're all the same RPM.

Does anyone know the Recteq auger motor RPMs? The 2500 is 4 RPMs but not sure about the others.
Thanks
Chris
I would speculate that the auger speeds are all the same. The auger speed is fixed and all the PID grills use the same controller. I suppose they could be geared differently, but that I don’t know.

I would speculate that the auger speeds are all the same. The auger speed is fixed and all the PID grills use the same controller. I suppose they could be geared differently, but that I don’t know.
Seems the most common is 2 RPMs. I'd like to find a 2.5 RPM auger motor for my project grill. I think the 4 RPM is just too fast for a medium grill.
Thank you all for the responses.

Seems the most common is 2 RPMs. I'd like to find a 2.5 RPM auger motor for my project grill. I think the 4 RPM is just too fast for a medium grill.
Thank you all for the responses.
I'd be curious on someone trying a stepper motor for an auger, it could be programmed to identify skipped steps and know if it was jamming or even if it was dry from a pellet bridge in the hopper.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back