Auger not working

jimrain

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Hi - I just bought a brand new RT-2500 BFG (after my old Traeger died). I put it together and started the burn in process. It heated up to about 250 degrees (I had it set at 400) then stopped and started cooling down. After a few hours of troubleshooting I found that the fire pot works fine if I manually add pellets to it but the auger is not adding any pellets. In fact the auger does not turn at all no matter what I try. I'm hoping somebody has a quick fix for this because I have some really nice baby backs and tri tips I was hoping to BBQ over the holiday weekend. So do I have a 600 pound paper weight or is there something I can do to fix this in the short term?

Reactions: N74
We are talking about different grills here, but let me tell you what I encountered when I recently received my new Bullseye. I started the burn-in and it got up to about 275* and then started to drop back down again. Turns out the auger stopped working on it. I called RT and they had me step through the diagnostics for the controller, and it started to work again, and hasn’t given me a problem since. The person I spoke to didn’t seem surprised by this, and it’s worked fine since so it must be a standard process to try. The steps to do the diagnostics test for your controller should be at the end of the manual.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back