Auger motor dead after 3 months

bpgt64

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
I think my auger motor is dead after like 9 cooks in the last summer. I took delivery in July and I can’t seem to get it to crank up at all. Pot heats up fine, and will burn, but the motor is not turning at all ever after cleaning the whole thing out. I filed a support request with recteq, just wondering how long I am likely dead in the water?

Recteq usually responds pretty quickly. If you haven’t called them on the phone and spoken directly to a customer service staffer, I would encourage you to do so. “Filing a support request” online doesn’t always get the same priority as does a direct conversation.

Auger was jammed, had to take a hammer/flat head and a shop vac to it to get the auger out after removing the motor. Recteq support was fantastic through out the the whole process.
Glad you got the problem worked out. Nice to hear that "Recteq support was fantastic."

What did you end up doing? How do you remove the auger? I removed the pellets and the six screws in the hopper but still cannot pull it up and out to get to the auger.

I have the grill built-in with a folded over full length cover over it. We’ve had a lot of rain lately, and — even though the pellets in the hopper are fine — the auger is completely jammed!

How did it get jammed? Do you keep it covered or under a roof when not in use?

How did it get jammed? Do you keep it covered or under a roof when not in use?
I wasn't emptying the pelet hopper after cooks, and burning down the feed line. I now do that...and no problems.

I think my auger motor is dead after like 9 cooks in the last summer. I took delivery in July and I can’t seem to get it to crank up at all. Pot heats up fine, and will burn, but the motor is not turning at all ever after cleaning the whole thing out. I filed a support request with recteq, just wondering how long I am likely dead in the water?
Sorry for your loss

I wasn't emptying the pelet hopper after cooks, and burning down the feed line. I now do that...and no problems.
That seems excessive. Yes it works, but it's a lot of extra work. I know I went into pellet-land because of ease.

I have 15 years of Treasger experience and just bought an RT-1070. The first rain (in Arizona:confused:) and the fire pot had about a cup of water in it and the ignitor is shorted out. A new one is on the way. I have a custom cover ordered, but is this a common issue? It looks like water can enter from the top of the lid and drain into the fire pot. Besides a cover, I am considering making a high temp seal on the top edge of the lid. Thoughts?

Sounds impossible, but weird stuff happens. The fire pot has holes in it. I’ve had the grease catch overflow, I wonder if the drain hole was clogged. That should have been super full if your fire pot was flooded.

My grill auger motor broke a while ago, so I found an online seller, now I got the part and the quality is really good, I think this can help you, https://grillpartsreplacement.com/collections/pit-boss, anyone who needs parts can check this site. Hope it will help you guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back