Bull Auger Access Panel Replacement

Mlmurrah

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I replaced the auger access panel (the cubical shroud under the pellet hopper) that was bent in shipping and had no problem doing so. There ware holes drilled for the serial number placard, but I can't figure out how to remove it from the old panel. At first I thought it was held on by screws, but upon closer examination it appears that they are rivets. The only way. know to remove them is to grind them off with a die grinder and replace them with screws or bolts. I need a sanity check here. Is thare a better way to remove them?

I replaced the auger access panel (the cubical shroud under the pellet hopper) that was bent in shipping and had no problem doing so. There ware holes drilled for the serial number placard, but I can't figure out how to remove it from the old panel. At first I thought it was held on by screws, but upon closer examination it appears that they are rivets. The only way. know to remove them is to grind them off with a die grinder and replace them with screws or bolts. I need a sanity check here. Is thare a better way to remove them?
You can try to drill the rivets out using a 1/8 inch drill bit or grind the rivets off but if you chose the grinding method I recommend doing it on the back side of the shroud so you don't hurt the serial number placard and then punch them out with a drift or nail. If you have a pop rivet tool reinstall with 1/8 inch pop rivets, otherwise just use small screws or two sided tape to reinstall the serial number placard to the new shroud.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mastertech59. I drilled it out and bought a pop rivet tool to replace it. Never used pop rivers before. Kinda fun and a new tool in my collection.

Thanks, Mastertech59. I drilled it out and bought a pop rivet tool to replace it. Never used pop rivers before. Kinda fun and a new tool in my collection.
Yea tools are cool, I used to be a auto/truck master technician until my body said no more of this and also on the recommendations of my doctors after a couple of surgery's that didn't go so well, so I have lots of tools to play with, or at least look at now. :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back