Apple Pie

Pictures or it didn't happen 😉

I think they can do almost anything

Reactions: NBK
Last time I got tangled up with the brownies I got lost, in my own house.
and on 4/20 too!

mom friend GIF

I used store bought crusts
10 - Peeled, cut, cored, sliced apples. (Gift at work so smaller and not sure kind}
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1 egg yolk (for crust)
turbinado sugar (top of crust)

Prepare Recteq at 350 degrees.

Prepare apples and add lemon juice. Melt butter in a pan, add apples, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook for about 10 minutes to soften apples some. Add one pie crust to the bottom of the pan. Add apple mixture. Second pie crust on top then crimp trim the edges. Add egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut slits or use a fork to poke holes into the top of the crust to vent.

Cook the pie at 350 for about an hour or until its golden on top. Allow to cool and enjoy.

Note: My mom always told me you can't go wrong with extra brown sugar and butter so I am sure some extra may have ended up in this recipe above what it is stated.

10 - Peeled, cut, cored, sliced apples. (Gift at work so smaller and not sure kind}
1 Cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1 egg yolk (for crust)

Prepare apples and add lemon juice. Melt butter in a pan, add apples, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook for about 10 minutes to soften apples some. Add one pie crust to the bottom of the pan. Add apple mixture. Second pie crust on top then crimp trim the edges. Add egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut slits or use a fork to poke holes into the top of the crust to vent.

Cook the pie at 350 for about an hour or until its golden on top. Allow to cool and enjoy.

Note: My mom always told me you can't go wrong with extra brown sugar and butter so I am sure some extra may have ended up in this recipe above what it is stated.
Thank you

Yeah, I will be trying apple pie sometime soon, probably with honeycrisp apples. Don’t know how they are for baking, but love the taste of honey crisp just eating as a snack.

1 Cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup butter
1 egg yolk (for crust)

Okay, he has a recipe. Maybe it did happen :) (y)
Thanks, I gotta try this. Sounds amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back