Apple-Cherry Smoked Cheddar

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
The wife requested (after me for weeks) some more smoked cheddar. It's a bit of a process with the Rectec smoke box, just to keep it from melting. Today, I went almost four hours and had to take it out and put the cheese in the freezer for 45 mins. to solidify it again. Then it went back in with an fresh tray of ice. I like to get 5-6 hours of smoke on cheddar.

Another couple hours and they'll be done.

20200621_104634.jpg

The wife requested (after me for weeks) some more smoked cheddar. It's a bit of a process with the Rectec smoke box, just to keep it from melting. Today, I went almost four hours and had to take it out and put the cheese in the freezer for 45 mins. to solidify it again. Then it went back in with an fresh tray of ice. I like to get 5-6 hours of smoke on cheddar.

View attachment 4996
Sounds fantastic, I generally smoke cheese using a smoke tube in the fall, winter and spring around here in CT to keep it from melting but might just to use this trick in the hotter temperatures if we start running low.

Last edited:

View attachment 4996
Forgive my ignorant question, but what temp or setting do you have on the 700?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back