App update for Android??

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
When did Android get a graph update??...I been working 6-10's and hadnt noticed it... Sorry if Im way behind... More data has previous cooks.
Screenshot_20220403-130613.png

I just noticed that yesterday. Couldn't find a way to change the scales or the time rate. Doesn't look like a great improvement to me.

Are you a Beta tester?
I just noticed that yesterday. Couldn't find a way to change the scales or the time rate. Doesn't look like a great improvement to me.
Are you a Beta tester?..I am, maybe it just started...not fond of the colors, but the previous cooks function should be cool !...and I agree I did like the choices in time range.

No, I'm not a Beta tester. Yes, the previous cook seems cool. I found that you can adjust the time scale, but not the temp scale.

Yes. Not the sample rate. I'd like to know how they are handling that. In the older app, if you set the rate too high it would puke on long cooks.

I noticed the change recently as well. My app version is 1.7.1 (350). It updated on April Fool's Day. So far, I'm not impressed with the update. I'm not crazy about the graph update and now appear to have a new malfunction. Almost every time I use it, there's no WiFi connection. I've checked my wireless coverage and it hasn't changed. The signal at the grill location is fine. I've even rebooted my router and access points just to make sure. It won't work until I delete the device (RT-700) and reattach it. I haven't used it since the update for long cooks yet where it previously loses all data after about four hours. I also sent a request to RecTeq Support for the WiFi connection issue.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but if RT put as much effort in their app as they do their grills.......

Fact is, they don't. They have wi-fi and an app simply to say they have a wi-fi grill and app.

The app is a POS. :poop:

I hate to say it, but if RT put as much effort in their app as they do their grills.......

Fact is, they don't. They have wi-fi and an app simply to say they have a wi-fi grill and app.

The app is a POS. :poop:
Ive always wondered if they are not locked into somekind of tech contract or something...App technology is pretty simple these days, there has to be something strange mixed up with it...
A killer top notch App would be a big different for them...
Personally, I e very rarely had any issues with mine working.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back