Stampede App notifications.

Hamp

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Well it’s not a holiday and I have no notifications whatsoever on my IPhone. Have restarted to no avail. Everything else working fine. Trying not to be aggravated!!

Reactions: Kim
I have given up on the Recteq app! My go-to is now the ThermoWorks Signals unit that does nearly everything the RT app does,…and, it actually works! About the only thing I can’t do with Signals is turn the grill on and off. That’s not a problem for me. A big plus is that Signals supports four temperature probes instead of two like RT; including an air probe to monitor interior grill temp and three meat probes.

Well it’s not a holiday and I have no notifications whatsoever on my IPhone. Have restarted to no avail. Everything else working fine. Trying not to be aggravated!!
Same issue here. Nearly ruined a a good chunk of meat because of it. Time to get a backup.

Reactions: Kim
I made a discovery this weekend regarding the Recteq app. A couple months back, I got a new iPhone 13 Mini and have been unable to get the app to work with it at all. On the previous iPhone 6S, it would work sporadically.

When I bought the new phone, they offered me $10 in trade for the old one, but the tech suggested I keep it as it would still “work as a small computer.” I remembered his statement this past weekend and, on a whim, I charged up the old phone and it connected to the RT app with little difficulty. I was able to remotely monitor my brisket cook, complete with notifications.

Not sure whether the latest Apple IOS just doesn’t work with the app, or whether there is a setting on the new phone that’s different from the old one. I suspect the latter and will be doing some comparative checking.

Ain’t technology fun?

Fortunately I have not had any problems with the app and in fact it seems as though many improvements have been made. That being said, I am never far from my grill and I would never rely solely on an app for any cook.

So in short my philosophy is don't poll vault over mouse turds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back