APP Features Wanted

84CJ7

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-300
I'm new to the WIFI controller on my grill. I just upgraded the controller and have been using it for about 6 weeks now. If Recteq is going to upgrade the app there are a few things that would be nice. This is only a wish list and some request may not be possible for current controllers since it might require the controller to be upgraded.

The ability to:
1) Set a timer to go off, if you're cooking via time
2) Push the red temperature indicator to open a pop-up that allows you to type in the setpoint (or a slide bar). For when you go from smoking a ribeye to sear temperature quicker.
3) Any more ideas out there?

I would also like to get that chart to my PC easier than a cramped screen shot. This is what I want to keep in my cook notes
+1
Setting the temp before you slide the power on would also be nice.
Agreed! I have gotten into the habit of turning the set point to 170* before I stop the grill to have the low setting at start next time.
I also turn set point to 170 when I have the top open to avoid over heating after closure.

Thinking outside the box a bit, what if there was a setting for the initial temperature setting. Say you often cook at 350 degrees. Wouldn't it be nice if when you turn the grill on, it would default to 350? On the other hand, since you have to be at the grill to turn it on, a few spins of the temp knob to set your temp is not a very big deal.

I sometimes forget to reset the probe notification setting that is buried five levels into the settings menu. It would be nice to make accessing that setting a little easier, such as having this setting display on the same page as the the temperature control adjustment.

Thinking outside the box a bit, what if there was a setting for the initial temperature setting. Say you often cook at 350 degrees. Wouldn't it be nice if when you turn the grill on, it would default to 350? On the other hand, since you have to be at the grill to turn it on, a few spins of the temp knob to set your temp is not a very big deal.

I sometimes forget to reset the probe notification setting that is buried five levels into the settings menu. It would be nice to make accessing that setting a little easier, such as having this setting display on the same page as the the temperature control adjustment.
On my Bull the last temperature setting is the one it will start up on the next cook, this is one of the many reasons I turn the controller down to LO/180 degrees when before removing my cook when its is done. I can easily adjust the RTD probe and pit temperatures as necessary on start up but would rather start from a lower temperature than a higher one when starting the grill.

On my Bull the last temperature setting is the one it will start up on the next cook, this is one of the many reasons I turn the controller down to LO/180 degrees when before removing my cook when its is done. I can easily adjust the RTD probe and pit temperatures as necessary on start up but would rather start from a lower temperature than a higher one when starting the grill.
Same.

My wish list:
controller that can handle 4 temp probes (or more)
Alarm settings for the probes - both time and temp alarms options
stop watch feature that Is easy and quick to reset for searing steaks and such
ability to save cooking graph or at least an import feature to another device.
a temp swing range alarm on the controller RTD.

I would like a log feature where I can capture the details of each cook: what meat, size, what rubs were used, cook time and temp setting, how it turned out, etc. I have had some good results and some great results, but damn if only I could remember what I did differently that got better results. I know this could be done in a spreadsheet or Word document, but it would be nice to keep it all attached to the app.

I'm new to the WIFI controller on my grill. I just upgraded the controller and have been using it for about 6 weeks now. If Recteq is going to upgrade the app there are a few things that would be nice. This is only a wish list and some request may not be possible for current controllers since it might require the controller to be upgraded.

The ability to:
1) Set a timer to go off, if you're cooking via time
2) Push the red temperature indicator to open a pop-up that allows you to type in the setpoint (or a slide bar). For when you go from smoking a ribeye to sear temperature quicker.
3) Any more ideas out there?
Yea give the notifications of when the temp changed a few seconds so it doesn’t blow up my phone when I change the temp. If I hold the temp up or down, then when I get close I hit the temp a few times o get a notification for every press. I also wrote about having a slide bar or a scroll wheel for a quick adjustment when going low and slow to higher temps.

I'd really like to see a time stamp added to the Temperature Chart for each point on the chart so that you can quickly see the time when things happened, like when the grill was turned on, when the temperature was changed or when the meat went into "the stall". I started cooking a brisket last night and in the morning when I checked the temperature chart to figure out when the brisket entered "the stall" all the chart could tell me was that it started stalling at the 365 minute mark. I needed to do some math first thing in the morning to figure out how long it's been in the stall for.

This one would be my biggest improvement, disabling notifications during these big moves.

" 2) Push the red temperature indicator to open a pop-up that allows you to type in the setpoint (or a slide bar). "

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back