Anything you wish Recteq would make?

DarkStar11

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
The new cooler made me wonder, are there any products y'all wish Recteq would make?

I'd like them to introduce a gravity charcoal, similar to the MasterBuilt. I am sure RT could design & build a far superior product, and folks would be willing to pay a premium for it - especially with actual customer service. It's not a pellet, but it seems that lots of folks enjoy having different types of grills. It's a bonus if they are dead-simple to use and crank out great food. If RT made a RT-quality version of this, it would probably replace every grill on my porch, except the 680. For a little bit, anyway. ;)

The new cooler made me wonder, are there any products y'all wish Recteq would make?

I'd like them to introduce a gravity charcoal, similar to the MasterBuilt. I am sure RT could design & build a far superior product, and folks would be willing to pay a premium for it - especially with actual customer service. It's not a pellet, but it seems that lots of folks enjoy having different types of grills. It's a bonus if they are dead-simple to use and crank out great food. If RT made a RT-quality version of this, it would probably replace every grill on my porch, except the 680. For a little bit, anyway. ;)
Yes it would be nice if they would make something to attach to comp cart to smoke in the rain with a little roof on it.

I would like to see:
Competition Carts have a bottom shelf
RT-590 and RT-340 have built in All-Weather Smoke Vents
Cord Hanger accessory

Last edited:
Branding irons for the kids to use - mark your hot dog, burger, or brother

Dog collar with knife holders - give Fido something else to do while waiting for food

2 words: Recteq flamethrower - start your firepot and chase away pesky anti-maskers

1) A better internal shelf for Bull - one that slides in and out of groves on the side.
2) A propane griddle (sear box) that could be attached on the side. It could mount where the cold smoke box mounts on the Bull?
3) A cart with drawers. I imagine it as a grill sitting on top of a rolling tool chest.
4) a temp probe long enough to reach into the Cold smoke box
6) Lid gasket
7) a line of cast iron cook
8) disposable inserts for the grease bucket
9) rotisserie kit

Front shelf, hinged smoke vents, and winter cover for the 340.

I like being able to see in the smoke vents for pizza, permanent vents might negate that, hence the hinged.

1) A better internal shelf for Bull - one that slides in and out of groves on the side.
2) A propane griddle (sear box) that could be attached on the side. It could mount where the cold smoke box mounts on the Bull?
3) A cart with drawers. I imagine it as a grill sitting on top of a rolling tool chest.
4) a temp probe long enough to reach into the Cold smoke box
6) Lid gasket
7) a line of cast iron cook
8) disposable inserts for the grease bucket
9) rotisserie kit
With these requests the Bull would cost at least double if not more.

like them to produce the items on the damn site cover and front shelf out of stock for months

A numbered waiting list for the bullseye. This would eliminate the and rush for the sale and a person could actually know where they stand on a possible delivery.

Does anyone know if the chronic out of stock issue existed before the pandemic? I see a lot of empty space on shelves everywhere I've shopped lately.

Does anyone know if the chronic out of stock issue existed before the pandemic? I see a lot of empty space on shelves everywhere I've shopped lately.
I have half a mind to believe the stock issues are probably two fold, the first obviously being the pandemic and the second being the name change.

I could be entirely wrong, but I'm thinking it might be related. For instance, in the live video from Ray early this week they mentioned they didn't have rubs in stock due to the name change.

I have half a mind to believe the stock issues are probably two fold, the first obviously being the pandemic and the second being the name change.

I could be entirely wrong, but I'm thinking it might be related. For instance, in the live video from Ray early this week they mentioned they didn't have rubs in stock due to the name change.
I agree, likely more than one factor. I think he said they had the spices in stock, but with the new logo/name so they couldn't send them. Not sure why they did allow orders but say delayed shipping, though.

Either way, supply chains all over the world are coping with pandemic adjustments.

I reckon the name change is also part of the sale on Comp Carts - since they say "Rec Tec Grills" on the front panel.

I'd like to see the following:
1. Stainless side shelf assembly for the 590 with hooks
2. A 4 probe controller
3. Storage in the competition cart
4. Aggitator for the hopper that kicks on once every 5 minutes to ensure the pellets fall to the auger if you're on uneven ground
5. A smoke stack for the 590 instead of the all weather vents
6. Slightly higher hight on the competition cart.
7. Gaskets on the 590 lid

1. Slide out upper rack for the Bull
2. Optional side shelf on the right side if you don't have a smoker box.
3. Front shelf should come standard.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back