Bullseye Anyone using an Arteflame insert?

If you buy one, I would be very interested in how well it works. I’ve been real tempted to buy one for my Bullseye for so e time now. `The thing that holds me back is that it looks like it would work much better with wood/charcoal.

Same. I’m not sure the advantage over the griddle - you’d have to leave the deflector plate to use the middle grate - and I’m not sure how much that would impact its effectiveness. You remove the plate for the recteq griddle I believe.

If you buy one, I would be very interested in how well it works. I’ve been real tempted to buy one for my Bullseye for so e time now. `The thing that holds me back is that it looks like it would work much better with wood/charcoal.
I had a Primo Kamado and used the Arteflame in it, which was excellent. With the Bullseye, though, grease would be a problem, in my opinion. The RecTeq griddle works fine if you strip off the finish and season it just like they do the Arteflame using the RIOT mode on the Bullseye. I have a post on that somewhere else on this forum. I always use the griddle plate in the Bullseye on the 500 degree setting, wishing it had a 600 degree setting, because the plate never gets as hot as the setting.

I just bought a pork loin for under $12 and sliced it into one inch chops. I dusted them with Chef Prudhomme's Pork & Veal Magic. I Set the Bullseye to 500 degrees and grilled the chops to 145 deg internal. I vacuum pack, freeze these and use them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I think pork can be more consistently delicious than beef steak while costing a fraction of the price.

Porkchops on the Bullseye.jpg

Last edited:
I actually made a hybrid plate out of the one from Recteq. My nephew has a plasma cutter, so I ordered a center grate from Arteflame(R) that fits their 18 inch plancha and adapted it to my Recteq plate. Why? I can do grilling on the center plate for those sear marks everybody talks about. Plus it makes it easier to clean by scooping everything down the middle, where it falls onto a foil pan sitting on the heat deflector for easy pick up after you're finished cooking. And I can use the same plate now on my Old Smokey charcoal BBQ.

What? Heresy? Nope. I can rest the Old Smokey lid onto the Bullseye and it fits hear perfectly. The Bullseye keeps an accurate temperature running with this setup. I just open the two top vents all the way on the Old Smokey Lid. I can use this lid for cooking large turkeys too, if I decide I don't want to mess with charcoal. The center grid just sets in the hole and is easily removed. The Old Smokey Grill was purchased at Home Depot for $80 and change with free delivery. The Arteflame(R) 8.5 inch center grid was $50 with free delivery. Photos attached.
Arteflame center grid.jpg
Grid Installed2.jpg
Grid being used.jpg
Old Smokey Charcoal Grill.jpg
Old Smokey Lid on Bullseye.jpg
Old Smokey Lid on Bullseye4.jpg
Ribs on Bullseye with Old Smokey Lid Height.jpg

Grid installed.jpg

Old Smokey Lid on Bullseye2.jpg

Old Smokey Lid on Bullseye5.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WKMCD
Back