Bull Anyone tried one of these

Heavy D Stick Burning Heat Diffuser" from Smoke Daddy? I;m guessing the extra smoke only lasts a couple of hours as the wood burns down.
As a matter of fact that is what I'm using on my Rec-Traeger. Very heavy duty and works well with larger pieces of wood, don't use chips.

Hi Mike,
I suspect Recteq, the reason I say this is because they (Recteq) no longer offer the controller or the wiring harness as a separate item. I saw a open box controller on eBay for $300 not too long ago. When I did this project all items were on the website but I trust people like me were doing conversions and not buying new grills.

So, I didn't get scolded or anything but not sure if my efforts are appreciated ;)

Heavy D Stick Burning Heat Diffuser" from Smoke Daddy? I;m guessing the extra smoke only lasts a couple of hours as the wood burns down.
Probably closer to 3 hours before the smoke is gone. By that time, your meat doesn‘t have the capacity to take on much more smoke flavor anyway (assuming we are talking about cooking meat and not a cold smoke process).

If the wood doesn't flash (catch fire) I have got about 2 hours of smoke. The key seems to be large pieces of wood. When purchased the unit comes with two large custom cut pieces of wood.

@gwrace1, you could also use the search function in the upper right corner. Might give you more reading/info/viewpoints.

Yeah I could see how they might frown on that... Thank you Chris
Hi Mike,
I suspect Recteq, the reason I say this is because they (Recteq) no longer offer the controller or the wiring harness as a separate item. I saw a open box controller on eBay for $300 not too long ago. When I did this project all items were on the website but I trust people like me were doing conversions and not buying new grills.

So, I didn't get scolded or anything but not sure if my efforts are appreciated ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FISCH75
Back