Anyone tried Caribbean Jerk Ribs?

Dwight Smokem

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Bullseye
So, I have two racks of ribs that I need to smoke tomorrow and I was wanting to try something different and after some internet searching, I found this recipe (it is for oven baked ribs but I will obviously be doing them on the Bull). I'm curious if anyone has done anything similar and have any tips? I made the wet rub/marinade tonight to save time tomorrow but anxious to try something different.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017762-jerk-ribs

So, I have two racks of ribs that I need to smoke tomorrow and I was wanting to try something different and after some internet searching, I found this recipe (it is for oven baked ribs but I will obviously be doing them on the Bull). I'm curious if anyone has done anything similar and have any tips? I made the wet rub/marinade tonight to save time tomorrow but anxious to try something different.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017762-jerk-ribs
I haven’t done them on the Bull but I have on a charcoal grill and they were great

I ripped the recipe into my Paprika Recipe Manager app so I could see it without all of the annoying NYT popup/screen blocks. It looks interesting for sure. I think it would definitely benefit from some smoke.

That's quite the "kitchen sink" of ingredients, but most jerk recipes I've seen seem to be like that.

I wonder if there would be any benefit of acquiring some pimento wood chunks to add to a smoke tube, etc.?

So, add that recipe for the rub to the list. They had an amazing flavor and a nice change up from American BBQ flavors. I added more brown sugar and juice from a couple limes and served over white rice to get the feel of something different. It reminded me obviously of Caribbean food but also Cuban with the spices and pork over rice. I want to tweak some stuff and then I will write it up on the recipe page.

1462FB59-C5D7-4054-A629-BA8BDFC0F9F4.jpeg

78F139CB-80DC-478B-8FBC-A0103C105665.jpeg

9E7B57BA-2D53-49D3-97C3-7F87E83267B4.jpeg

I ripped the recipe into my Paprika Recipe Manager app so I could see it without all of the annoying NYT popup/screen blocks. It looks interesting for sure. I think it would definitely benefit from some smoke.

That's quite the "kitchen sink" of ingredients, but most jerk recipes I've seen seem to be like that.

I wonder if there would be any benefit of acquiring some pimento wood chunks to add to a smoke tube, etc.?
Tell us more about Paprika. Do you use most of the features? I have a mix of bookmarks and pdfs with recipes. Not the most efficient, but windows search usually finds it for me. Maybe this should be the start of a new thread?

I'm still experimenting a bit with Paprika. I've been importing a lot of webpage bookmarks I've accumulated over the years and it's nice to have them all formatted consistently. One big perk is for places like the New York Times that wants you to register to gain access, Paprika can rip the recipe without registering or signing in.

It's a little more awkward with my personal stash of recipes that I have in a large Word document. It's a lot of cutting and pasting, but I think it will be nice to have all of my stuff in one place.

I paid for the Windows app and the iPhone app and the two stay synced together. The phone app is handy in a store when trying to remember what I need.

Sorry for the hijack...

I’ve done them and enjoyed them…

Try this combo:

I did dino ribs with SPG and Asian Persuasion then sauced with Sweet Baby Rays Sweet and spicy thai chili sauce…

I'm still experimenting a bit with Paprika. I've been importing a lot of webpage bookmarks I've accumulated over the years and it's nice to have them all formatted consistently. One big perk is for places like the New York Times that wants you to register to gain access, Paprika can rip the recipe without registering or signing in.

It's a little more awkward with my personal stash of recipes that I have in a large Word document. It's a lot of cutting and pasting, but I think it will be nice to have all of my stuff in one place.

I paid for the Windows app and the iPhone app and the two stay synced together. The phone app is handy in a store when trying to remember what I need.

Sorry for the hijack...
No offense committed brother, I'll have to look into it as well. I just keep them in my icloud notes but mainly just in my head bc I'm terrible about measuring quantities and almost always change something up to test out a new idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back