Anyone have a Vitamix blender?

Mike

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
The wife has been wanting something to make up margaritas and such and I've seen a few reviews mention that the Vitamix blenders are capable of doing this along with pretty much everything else. Even to warm up soup - which just seems nuts a blender can do that.

Amazon has the Vitamix blender on a black friday sale, but before I pushed the button wanted to see if anyone here has used them and like them?

DO IT!

Sorry on my phone.. I’ve had a Vitamix for about 20 years. I’ve traded up twice, current one is probably about 10years old. Prior to Vitamix, margaritas sucked and we were replacing blenders every year or two.

I’ve owned a Vitamix for 10-12 years now, nothing like one. My wife likes to experiment with making cocktails and she has a Blend Jet 2 that makes nice margaritas for the two of us, but it’s small scale compared to the Vitamix.

Margaritas or any other ice containing drink I use the Oster blender. The heavy duty model with the single toggle switch. It's probably 15 yrs old & still going strong. No plastic anywhere. Go to a bar & see what they use. Chances are it will be the Oster.

We love our Vitamix from Costco. We’ve had one for years and it is awesome. Won’t live without it. Reminds me that I need to make some peanut butter again!

Built like a tank and sounds like one when you use it. It's a workhorse and fit for commercial use. Probably an overkill for most homes but one thing for sure you won't have to buy another one. It's a big investment but you will only have to buy one. It's amazing how easy it is to clean. It's the benchmark and has been for decades. Only certainly models will make hot soup.

@Greg Jones and @Casadetrevino what models do you guys have?

After doing more looking last night, the one on sale at Amazon is an Explorian, and it seems Vitamix has a whole range of models.
Well mine is the older series Professional Series 500, which has the tall container and not a lot of button features. Which I really like. Consumers didn’t like the tall containers because they don’t fit on the countertops underneath the cabinets, even though Vitamix says the older design was functionally superior.
D531E2AD-D52E-419F-B37B-1E1D6EB925C0.jpeg

The main thing to consider for durability is the motor and guts of the blades and the blender‘s transmission, and that appears to be something that all ViItamix blenders share. My take is they don’t offer ‘cheaper’ levels of quality, only different levels of features.

I also have a Vitamix. If you are getting one the recent model is the 520 and it is on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday shoppers. I do a lot of frozen drinks and crush other hard materials in it and it just chops away. It is a little pricey but worth the extra cost in my opinion.

So December is Margarita month at your house? Did you order it?
Every month is Margarita Month at my house…although I prefer Mezcal to Taquilla.

it’s rumored that the wife and I are going to Oaxaca Mexico for 11 days next month just for the food and the Mescal, but I can’t confirm!

I was just at a dinner party discussing Oaxaca with the bartender. Had Paranubes Rum from there - boy does it need a mixer! But if you like Mezcal - you may like this rum as well. Definitely doesn't have the turpentine notes of bacardi, it has a unique funk.

Was at Costco again yesterday and what do you know. They DID have Vitamix blenders, there were brought to the front of the store. Got it for $299 with two cups and a plastic stick. :D

@Mike There should be a Spinach Cream Soup recipe in there, we've tried most of the recipes - that's the one we keep going back to. Even good enough to whip up and serve to guests, which we do. Make sure you use a frozen block of Spinach, fresh turns the soup bitter for some reason.

Every month is Margarita Month at my house…although I prefer Mezcal to Taquilla.

it’s rumored that the wife and I are going to Oaxaca Mexico for 11 days next month just for the food and the Mescal, but I can’t confirm!

Shame that many have no idea how amazing high end tequila and mezcal is, matter of fact I have blown a few of my buddy's minds with "proper sipping tequila".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back