Anyone have a Vitamix blender?

I missed this somehow. I have had a Vitamix for about four years now. Vitamix is to blenders, like Kitchen-aid is to mixers. You can probably mix concrete with either of them. Got mine at QVC. Every so often, they make a Vitamix pack-up available as their "Today's Special Value". It has been awhile, but every so often, Vitamix will be at Costco, selling a special Costco pack-up. Either way, you will love it. The broccoli-cheese soup is awesome. There is also a beer-cheese soup that is great also. The interesting thing about a Vitamix, is that it can actually heat up the soup, just by friction. Enjoy !!

I have one. I've owned it for the past 5 or so years. At the time it was the most expensive one they had, about $800. I think it's pretty powerful and overall happy with it.

The only complaint I have is the last 3 speeds of the 10, I feel is a gimmick. With nothing in the blender, you'll notice the sound increase with each speed which is the motor obviously going faster. All good so far right? But when you have stuff in the blender there is absolutely no increase in sound or speed after speed 7. This tells me the motor has no torque at all after this setting. Still a great blender though, but 8, 9, and 10 is useless. I thought I had a defective one, I asked for a new one at the time and it's the same. Vitamix refuses to admit or acknowledge this issue.

Anyone else test what I have explained on theirs? Go through the speeds one by one without anything in the blender, then try it with stuff in the blender. I wonder if the new ones today have this issue still.

We have one for a few years, 3-4 I'm guessing and we've never used it. Got it Costco because the wife had mentioned about getting one. She's at Costco and they're showcasing them and she comes home and tells me all the neat things you can do with them. She gets it out and it sits out for a few days, and back in the pantry it goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back