Any diy drip bucket liners?

ifican

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I know they sell stuff online, im just thinking i know there has to be a better (read cheaper) solution. I have read mason jar inside bucket but that could get messy. What comes to mind is saran wrap or foil but im curious if anyone has found a great solution to easy drip bucket cleanup?

I had read where @Mike had said the drip bucket that comes with the Bull is on the "Flimsy" side and he got a better one and provided a link (thank you) for a better one... Is the one that comes with it really that bad? Kinda goes against the total quality thing that Rec Tec is famous for.

I just line mine with tin foil. It's already out when I reline the drip tray so I just reline the bucket as well.. cheap and easy
Yup. Aluminum foil would be what I suggest as well.

@NU2SMOKE - I bought a new drip bucket mostly just because. The included drip bucket will and does work just fine. To me I wasn't overly impressed by the included bucket, but if that's the only "weak spot" I could find in this entire grill than I'm more than happy to drop less than $10 for a new bucket. No biggie.

I think the new one looks a bit better (has more of a shine to it) and a little thicker material, but again really at the end of the day just line your included bucket with foil and that will certainly help it a lot.

Yup. Aluminum foil would be what I suggest as well.

@NU2SMOKE - I bought a new drip bucket mostly just because. The included drip bucket will and does work just fine. To me I wasn't overly impressed by the included bucket, but if that's the only "weak spot" I could find in this entire grill than I'm more than happy to drop less than $10 for a new bucket. No biggie.

I think the new one looks a bit better (has more of a shine to it) and a little thicker material, but again really at the end of the day just line your included bucket with foil and that will certainly help it a lot.
I'll have to agree with this*....

You people and your fancy bucket liners :rolleyes:
:D
Saw a similar thread going in one of the Facebook groups and thought the same thing. I'm a bit of a cheapass, so $1 a liner makes me cringe and foil works perfectly fine.

Step 1: Turn bucket upside down on a flat surface

Step 2: Place a sheet of foil over the inverted bucket and mold it to the bucket as best you can

Step 3: With your right hand, remove the foil from the bucket and with your left return the bucket to its normal position (feel free to reverse this if you're left handed or ambidextrous)

Step 4: Shove the now bucket-ish shaped foil into your drip bucket.

Step 5: Open a beer, justify drinking at 8am because you saved a dollar by making your own liner and you deserve it

Step 6: Forget to put the bucket back on the grill until about 2 hours into your next smoke

Hope that helps :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, it works perfectly fine. Use decent foil. I wad it up at the top, give it a little twist and toss it in the trash after any decent smoke. One time I actually must have screwed up my wrap job and all my grease was actually in the bucket. No biggie, scrap it out wash it out.

Hello fellow smokers, my two cents. Go to a paint or hardware store and get a empty paint bucket with a lid. When full attach lid and toss.
Happy Fourth to all the family!

This what I have used for 13 months now. It works well for me and the bucket stays clean (pretty much).

Attachments

• 20180602_175111.jpg
    20180602_175111.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 308

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back