Any diy drip bucket liners?

I’m going to totally forget you said that ... and I was inviting you over for Christmas!!! I may have to rethink that!

LOL. I grew up in the 80s and one of the commercials I remember was the Ragu one and when you said you were Italian it clicked and I just had to... Ragu, That's Italian. ?

Mi compare used the abbreviated names of our cousins; more descriptive is "Guido the Kneebreaker" and "Tony the Torch"...……...they'll pull up in front of your house in a black Escalade...………..?;)

Mi compare used the abbreviated names of our cousins; more descriptive is "Guido the Kneebreaker" and "Tony the Torch"...……...they'll pull up in front of your house in a black Escalade...………..?;)
SO I see you've met them....or at least know someone who has...lol

Hey @Grilltreats glad your back....Havent seen you in a bit. Hows everything goin?

Hey, thanks for asking! Everything is going great! No hairs found in my biscuits yet. Two briskets on the Bull, and grilled T-bones and shrimp on the Bullseye were the most recent cooks. I'm lovin the Rec Tec life style as they say.

Hoping all is well on your end, too.

Hey, thanks for asking! Everything is going great! No hairs found in my biscuits yet. Two briskets on the Bull, and grilled T-bones and shrimp on the Bullseye were the most recent cooks. I'm lovin the Rec Tec life style as they say.

Hoping all is well on your end, too.
That all sounds great! I posted in the "what your cooking" thread about my 4th of July spread. The grill made it here wednesday night. It came perfect and well I am stupid happy!!!

love this thread. definitely getting a stainless bucket and trager liners. thanks for all these suggestions and links!

I bought the SS bucket and Traeger liners mentioned in this thread and I found the liners are way undersized. i decided to just go back to the factory bucket with no liner and that has worked fine.

Attachments

• D03C2B5D-C7D1-4E91-943B-63FED0C61016.jpeg
    D03C2B5D-C7D1-4E91-943B-63FED0C61016.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
hey greg, thanks for posting this...I was about to buy both of these, but now...meh. I appreciate you posting the pic!

Have you tried the Pit Boss brand of liners? They seem a little larger than the Traegers from what I recall.

Have you tried the Pit Boss brand of liners? They seem a little larger than the Traegers from what I recall.
I have not. I’ve tried the foil tip mentioned earlier here and the Traeger liners, and at this point I’m not convinced that any liner offers a significant advantage over just using the bucket as is. Same for lining the drip pan-it all seems like too much trouble and expense for a small return.

I use an old jar as well. I actually have tin foil in and then a jar, just in case the jar is not lined up

Use the wide (18" ?) heavy duty foil and mold it to the outer part of the factory bucket. Remove and put molded foil inside the bucket and fold remaining foil over the edge. Cheap and gets the job done. If the bucket gets greasy, I just run it through the dishwasher.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but someone on Facebook posted a picture using one of those oven cooking bags as a liner held in place with a rubber band around the bucket. I tried the jar and still had stuff dripping around the outside of the jar.

You can use a styrofoam cup, the containers you get potato salad in from the store, or any disposable bowl from the kitchen. You can even use an old red solo cup. Just fold a piece of foil over the edge to keep it lined up. By the time the grease makes its way down to the cup it’s not hot enough to melt anything.
5FDE3B75-5CC9-4B40-99F8-C1D0B3399264.jpeg

Last edited:
I know they sell stuff online, im just thinking i know there has to be a better (read cheaper) solution. I have read mason jar inside bucket but that could get messy. What comes to mind is saran wrap or foil but im curious if anyone has found a great solution to easy drip bucket cleanup?
Lowe's, Pit Boss makes an Aluminum insert

You can use a styrofoam cup, the containers you get potato salad in from the store, or any disposable bowl from the kitchen. You can even use an old red solo cup. Just fold a piece of foil over the edge to keep it lined up. By the time the grease makes its way down to the cup it’s not hot enough to melt anything. View attachment 1536
Go to Lowe's dept store pit boss sells a insert that fits the bucket, seen them at Walmart to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back