Another way for the "Foil Boat" Brisket Method from Jeremy Yoder

I saw a slightly different way and thought I’d give it a go next time. Another excuse to do a brisket is always welcome in my house.

Thanks for posting this great video.

I have been cooking this was for my last few cooks using either a full steam pan for a whole brisket or a half pan for smaller cuts of meats.

Now that it was mentioned in the video cook time seems to be faster. I did it to keep things cleaner (like my floor) when transporting the food from the grill to kitchen.

I found it interesting as to how he discovered this method
He lent His Pit to someone that left their "TRASH" inside the Pit (and kept His Shovel) !
That's like lending your Truck to a guy that leaves their McDonald's Wrappers on the Floor, the Tank on EMPTY and takes all of the Quarters out of the Ashtray :mad:

@Chris_G do you also wrap with butcher paper?
I have thought that would work, putting it in a foil pan with a paper wrap. I just never wanted to find out. Next time that will be a what I do.
This is why I enjoy they forum. Always learning.

I have thought that would work, putting it in a foil pan with a paper wrap. I just never wanted to find out. Next time that will be a what I do.
Now I've SEEN it Jeremy's way, but heard of putting the Brisket in an Aluminum Foil Pan, THEN wrapping that in the Butcher paper
That seems like a lot of extra work
But it WOULD catch the majority of the Drippings

This is why I enjoy the forum. Always learning.
I'm with you there ;)

This is why I enjoy they forum. Always learning.
Yes, I use both foil and butcher paper. It makes life much easier for me using foil pans. Also less mess on drip pan.

Ditto to Chris Gs comments!

Really interesting video. I always used butcher paper to protect the integrity of the bark. But eventually switched to foil wrap because the end result it's so much moister. I like having the drippings. Something I don't get with butcher paper.

I would love to find a way to use both butcher and foil and get the drippings included.

What blew me away is the length of time he kept it in the cooler. 8 hours seems like an unsafe amount of time to store meat. I'd be curious if anyone else keeps their briskets in a cooler that long.

Really interesting video. I always used butcher paper to protect the integrity of the bark. But eventually switched to foil wrap because the end result it's so much moister. I like having the drippings. Something I don't get with butcher paper.

I would love to find a way to use both butcher and foil and get the drippings included.

What blew me away is the length of time he kept it in the cooler. 8 hours seems like an unsafe amount of time to store meat. I'd be curious if anyone else keeps their briskets in a cooler that long.
Yes, I do. I just never let the internal temp drop below 145 to be on the safe side. I believe you can go to 135 degrees and still be good, I just don't trust myself to be that close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CRG
Back