Another Rectec Bull 700 and 680 Wheel Mod

snailtrax

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I did a wheel mod on my Bull. I added extra length to the back side to add more stability.

Stainless 5/8" rod 27 inches long.

2" X 1" channel, 26 inches long. Drilled holes and mounted casters from Caster city. They have 1/2" holes in the pivot and you use a 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch bolt to mount with lock nuts. They will not flat spot.

10 inch Wheels from Caster City. They will not flat spot. Four locking collars, Six 5/8" washers for spacers. Wheels are greasable as are the casters.

Spoke to a guy named Greg. Very helpful and knowledgable.

https://www.castercity.com/

Here are my part numbers

K3APB5X-ML-HK1/2-LA Swivel Caster with Total Lock Brake, 5" Polyolefin Wheel, 1/2" Hollow Kingpin, Lube Axle

SNOH10x2.75-PS5/8 10" Semi-Pneumatic Wheel, Rubber Tire pressed on a Plastic Center, Offset 2-1/4" Hub Length. 5/8" ID Precision Sealed Ball Bearings.

Attachments

• 20190316_171649.jpg
    20190316_171649.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Nicely done. The U channel on the swivel end is a nice solution. Did you counterbore slightly for the collar set screws or just locktite them?

I did a wheel mod on my Bull. I added extra length to the back side to add more stability.

2" X 1" channel, 26 inches long. Drilled holes and mounted casters from Caster city. They have 1/2" holes in the pivot and you use a 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch bolt to mount with lock nuts. They will not flat spot.

10 inch Wheels from Caster City. They will not flat spot. Four locking collars, Six 5/8" washers for spacers. Wheels are greasable as are the casters.

Here are my part numbers

K3APB5X-ML-HK1/2-LA Swivel Caster with Total Lock Brake, 5" Polyolefin Wheel, 1/2" Hollow Kingpin, Lube Axle

SNOH10x2.75-PS5/8 10" Semi-Pneumatic Wheel, Rubber Tire pressed on a Plastic Center, Offset 2-1/4" Hub Length. 5/8" ID Precision Sealed Ball Bearings.View attachment 243View attachment 234View attachment 239View attachment 236View attachment 239View attachment 241View attachment 242View attachment 243View attachment 244View attachment 245

Here are my part numbers

SNOH10x2.75-PS5/8 10" Semi-Pneumatic Wheel, Rubber Tire pressed on a Plastic Center, Offset 2-1/4" Hub Length. 5/8" ID Precision Sealed Ball Bearings.View attachment 243View attachment 234View attachment 239View attachment 236View attachment 239View attachment 241View attachment 242View attachment 243View attachment 244View attachment 245
Looking at this picture, it would appear the grill is not level. Looks like the right side is a little higher. Is that an optical illusion? But I like your modification.

This picture missed the cut somehow. The other picture you are seeing is a bad angle.

Here are my part numbers

SNOH10x2.75-PS5/8 10" Semi-Pneumatic Wheel, Rubber Tire pressed on a Plastic Center, Offset 2-1/4" Hub Length. 5/8" ID Precision Sealed Ball Bearings.View attachment 243View attachment 234View attachment 239View attachment 236View attachment 239View attachment 241View attachment 242View attachment 243View attachment 244

Really digging on the 2"x1" channel you added. It looks fantastic. Where did you purchase it? And did it come pre-powder-coated?

Also, have you had any issues with the extra width sticking out from under the cover (assuming you use a cover)?

Really digging on the 2"x1" channel you added. It looks fantastic. Where did you purchase it? And did it come pre-powder-coated?

Also, have you had any issues with the extra width sticking out from under the cover (assuming you use a cover)?

The channel was scrap I had laying around. Otherwise it would have been a couple inches longer. You can buy it online or at a local welding supply store. Google 2 x 1 x 1/8 channel. I primed it first with an outdoor quality primer from a rattle can. I then painted it with a black gloss outdoor spray paint in a rattle can. Powder coat would have been nice.

Here are my part numbers

SNOH10x2.75-PS5/8 10" Semi-Pneumatic Wheel, Rubber Tire pressed on a Plastic Center, Offset 2-1/4" Hub Length. 5/8" ID Precision Sealed Ball Bearings.View attachment 243View attachment 234View attachment 239View attachment 236View attachment 239View attachment 241View attachment 242View attachment 243View attachment 244
This must be for the older models. My new one is quite stable with the angled legs. Nice solution for yours though.

This must be for the older models. My new one is quite stable with the angled legs. Nice solution for yours though.
I agree the angled legs were a nice improvement and were very stable, but I wanted 4 casters and a taller grill with some storage, this was the reason for my modifications.
20200529_102030.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back