Amaz-n Tube placement

I bought the 12" tube the other day, wasn't sure how to light it! Thanks!
Used mine today. Put it under the drip pan. That’s where I thought it was supposed to be. I’ll try on the grill next time. Live and learn. On the good side, ribs look good and dinner will be served soon. ??

I've not stood one up. Just laid flat on the grates and sometimes under the grates (on a gas grill) I can't really tell if placement makes any difference. I have used the maze on top of the grates too

I use the LIZZQ Premium Pellet Tube Smoker from Amazon. Its about $13. Its an inexpensive way to add more flavor to your smokes.
*To use, set the tube upright and fill with your choice of pellets leaving about 1-2 inches free from the top. (This allows you to lay the tube on its side after it has started smoking without the pellets falling out.)
*With the tube still in the upright position, use a propane torch and light the top of the pellets. It'll take a minute or two of until the flame is established.
*Let it smoke for 10-minutes.
*Lift up tube from the bottom (it will still be cool at the bottom) and gently lay it on its side inside your grill on top of the grates. I don't have a preference for location.
*The tube smoker will generate several hours of smoke (at least here in south Florida).

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea of the circulation pattern within the 590?

I can see the left placement for the 700 due to the chimney being on the right, but the 590 has three holes along the top rear and I am not sure where I should put the tube. RT said center rear, but that seems counterintuitive with the holes being right above that location.

TD

I used a square shaped smoke tube from amazon for the first time last week. It made a very dramatic visual difference as well as a noticeable increase in smoke flavor.
20210403_152032.jpg

I have fire starters left over from a pellet pizza oven I once owned. I wonder if they would work?

Used my Amazn Tube today in my 700 for the first time smoking turkey. I noticed the flavor profile was truly amped up with smoke using it. I think with fish it might be too much. I think with smoked chicken thighs and legs and wings it will be great. I don't do a lot a pork or beef but the next brisket I do I will be using the smoker tube. I put it on the far left end of my bull today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back