Alright fellas! Pellets…GO!

B&b pecan or post oak. Pellets for heat. Seasoned splits for smoke flavor in the a smoke tube layered with charcoal and pellets.

Last edited:
I have been very happy with Cookin' Pellets. I use the "Perfect Mix" and 100% Hickory depending on what I am cooking. They are 100% flavor woods which is something that is not true on many of the less expensive brands. I don't get much ash build up and they burn consistently .

I'm lucky that I have a local vendor that I can drive down and pick up a few bags. During the heart of the pandemic last year I got some delivered by Amazon and I think they are still available there. Amazon prime basically buries the shipping costs as I can get the pellets cheaper at my local vendor.

I have a bunch of Louisiana Grills pellets in original packaging sitting in my garage if someone in the Seattle area is interested in a real deal on them. I will ship but costs might be prohibitive.

TD

Have any of you ever heard of (or tried) Knotty Wood Pellets? I just saw an advert from them pop up in my "click-bait" feed. I used to like Traeger Ultimate blend, but I have started to notice a weird flavor. I do like the Rec Teq pellets, but they are a little spendy for me (Amazon is my only option). Lumberjack has been treating me right. I usually use competition blend, oak, or hickory. I also like Pecan. OK, that was a lot of words for nothing. Hurricane IDA has me a little wired.

I must be the only one using Pit Boss pellets! I've used Bear Mountain, Traeger and Cookin Pellets and of all them, my preference is Cookin Pellets Perfect Mix but I mostly use the PB Competition Blend mixed with PB Charcoal pellets now (50/50). The flavor is on par with Cookin Pellets but the PB's have a ton of pellet dust in each bag so I usually have to sift. However, they are by far the cheapest ($14 for 40 lbs @ walmart.com). The SF Bay Area isn't really a BBQ mecca so pellets aren't that plentiful, other than Traeger, which I don't care for. I mostly have source mine online.

New to the forum and the pellet smoking world. I bought the Recteq pellets to start with. I did buy an smoke tube as well because I like the extra smoke on pork loin/chops/shoulders. Any recommendations for good quality pellets? I don’t mind the price if I get a good product. Looking for options for pork and options for beef. Thanks!
Smoke Tube?

New to the forum and the pellet smoking world. I bought the Recteq pellets to start with. I did buy an smoke tube as well because I like the extra smoke on pork loin/chops/shoulders. Any recommendations for good quality pellets? I don’t mind the price if I get a good product. Looking for options for pork and options for beef. Thanks!
Check out this LINK from the MadScientist BBQ on pellets.

go go go GIF

Have any of you ever heard of (or tried) Knotty Wood Pellets? I just saw an advert from them pop up in my "click-bait" feed. I used to like Traeger Ultimate blend, but I have started to notice a weird flavor. I do like the Rec Teq pellets, but they are a little spendy for me (Amazon is my only option). Lumberjack has been treating me right. I usually use competition blend, oak, or hickory. I also like Pecan. OK, that was a lot of words for nothing. Hurricane IDA has me a little wired.
Thank you for taking time during your pending hurricane hit. I was there with Indiana Task Force 1 for the hurricane in New Orleans. I am sorry for the late response as I am new to this forum and I’m still trying to figure out the system. I hope all went well during the hurricane and you had a speedy recovery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back