Stampede All-Weather Smoke Vents

I haven't ever seen FireBlack available in two inches wide anywhere.
Thanks @Mastertech59. I am not happy with the hi temp white gasket I am using now. The smoke slightly leaks by. With the one inch Fireblack gasket you have to put two together for the perfect two inch width under the smoke vent. I just don't want to screw it up trying to piece the two one inch halves together. I think one two inch wide piece would be easier. Wonder how hard the Fireblack gasket is to remove! It appears sticky as hell. I may just end up using the red hi temp RTV to seal the damn smoke vents. I am not a good caulker, make a big mess. LOL

Thanks @Mastertech59. I am not happy with the hi temp white gasket I am using now. The smoke slightly leaks by. With the one inch Fireblack gasket you have to put two together for the perfect two inch width under the smoke vent. I just don't want to screw it up trying to piece the two one inch halves together. I think one two inch wide piece would be easier. Wonder how hard the Fireblack gasket is to remove! It appears sticky as hell. I may just end up using the red hi temp RTV to seal the damn smoke vents. I am not a good caulker, make a big mess. LOL
I would definitely recommend the RTV, even if it installed messy let it dry and trim it off with a razor blade later.

I might try that. Red racing strips looks cool too. LOL
I installed my smoke vents today with Oklahoma Joe's Gasket Seal (Amazon messed up my Fireblack delivery and this was all Lowes had). The seal is just OK. The smoke vents themselves do not sit flush, so there are still small gaps. At some point I'll need to remove the gasket and caulk with the red RTV.

I installed my smoke vents today with Oklahoma Joe's Gasket Seal (Amazon messed up my Fireblack delivery and this was all Lowes had). The seal is just OK. The smoke vents themselves do not sit flush, so there are still small gaps. At some point I'll need to remove the gasket and caulk with the red RTV.
Yep, the Fireblack material is the way to go since the smoke vents don't sit flush. Fireblack material seals up a lot better. I will probably do the red RTV thing too. How did you tighten your vents? Pliers, hammer, etc?

Yep, the Fireblack material is the way to go since the smoke vents don't sit flush. Fireblack material seals up a lot better. I will probably do the red RTV thing too. How did you tighten your vents? Pliers, hammer, etc?
I used the flat part of a screwdriver to push on them with my thumb. Outside ones seem to be tight, middle one is a bit loose. I was reluctant to use too much force on my brand new shiny grill. Now that it's starting to get dirty, I may try something else to tighten them up.

I used the flat part of a screwdriver to push on them with my thumb. Outside ones seem to be tight, middle one is a bit loose. I was reluctant to use too much force on my brand new shiny grill. Now that it's starting to get dirty, I may try something else to tighten them up.
Thanks @Mikeonthelake

Hi all, was looking to purchase the smoke vents but they are no longer listed. They are not showing that they are out of stock, they are not even on the web site.

Thanks Padlin00, I just was wondering because the cover and front folding shelf are also out of stock but still show on the accessory page for the RT 590. Just thought it was odd that the smoke vents do not show up like the other out of stock items.

I sent a message on Instagram and they said they are out if stock and hope to be available again soon

I was nervous about making a mess when I put red RTV on mine, but it was very easy. You have plenty of time to smooth it out and wipe any excess with your finger before it cures. It comes up easily from the stainless steel and doesn’t leave residue.
C87BB2E1-8FBF-478B-83A0-CFE321699A77.jpeg

I too, didn't want the mess. I used an aluminum colored RTV from Dow Corning and applied it to the seams through the outlet of the vent. Super clean look and zero smoke leaks. The RTV I used is only rated to 350 F but after many cooks i have had no issues.

Vents.jpeg
Vent.jpeg

I was nervous about making a mess when I put red RTV on mine, but it was very easy. You have plenty of time to smooth it out and wipe any excess with your finger before it cures. It comes up easily from the stainless steel and doesn’t leave residue.

Really looks nice @matthewstn how hard was it to apply the sealant on the vent bottom side?

I too, didn't want the mess. I used an aluminum colored RTV from Dow Corning and applied it to the seams through the outlet of the vent. Super clean look and zero smoke leaks. The RTV I used is only rated to 350 F but after many cooks i have had no issues.

Nice job @ThatGuy. looks really nice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back