All Nighter

ken g

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Stampede
What a beautiful night to stay up and cook. Crickets singing, full moon and the humans all asleep. Two on the 590 and one on the Performer with a Fireboard 2 Drive and Viper fan. Should be boring.
IMG_2773.JPG

What's the occasion?

With all that technology, you should be able to sleep.

Last edited:
What a beautiful night to stay up and cook. Crickets singing, full moon and the humans all asleep. Two on the 590 and one on the Performer with a Fireboard 2 Drive and Viper fan. Should be boring. View attachment 11723

A righty and two lefties. My money is on that middle lefty being the best one.

A righty and two lefties. My money is on that middle lefty being the best one.

All are now resting in cooler. The piece on far right went onto the 590 at same time as middle piece. Middle piece was 1 lb heavier than right piece but arrived at 203 degrees 1.75 hours sooner. WTH? The little one on left finished first in 9.75 hour. Wrapped all three.

All are now resting in cooler. The piece on far right went onto the 590 at same time as middle piece. Middle piece was 1 lb heavier than right piece but arrived at 203 degrees 1.75 hours sooner. WTH? The little one on left finished first in 9.75 hour. Wrapped all three.

That middle piece had more marbling. It looks like it was a lefty.
The lore around the bbq world is that most cows get up off the ground with their right front leg. That makes for more a tougher muscle with more connective tissue.

More connective tissue renders slower and causes more of a stall. That's my story and I'm sssstickin to it. :rolleyes:

That middle piece had more marbling. It looks like it was a lefty.
The lore around the bbq world is that most cows get up off the ground with their right front leg. That makes for more a tougher muscle with more connective tissue.

More connective tissue renders slower and causes more of a stall. That's my story and I'm sssstickin to it. :rolleyes:
I've heard that before.

It smells like the kind of thing that grew from a couple of old timers, a few beers, and a new guy.
More than likely. But that middle one was quicker to cook and had more marbling. I think we can all agree that more marbling is better. Whether or not leftys are statistically more marbled than rightys would be interesting to know. LOL

Well all three came back with rave reviews. Moisture, texture and tenderness was very good. I can scratch multiple brisket cook off my bucket list. That was a ton of work.

Nice work.

I'm doing 9 butts Friday night for a birthday party on Saturday.
Wow!! What equipment you got for that kind of a feast?
Pictures for sure since I didn't get an invite! (and I would have brought my own beer)

Wow!! What equipment you got for that kind of a feast?
Pictures for sure since I didn't get an invite! (and I would have brought my own beer)
I have a 700 and a Bullseye, but I'm a little nervous about throwing a couple on the Bullseye. So I borrowed my neighbor's 590. He's going on vacation for two weeks so he doesn't mind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back