Al Capone Roast

Hurtzer

Grill(s) owned
  1. Chuckwagon

Attachments

• roast.jpg
    roast.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 875
That’s a new one on me. Looks like a variation of saltimbocca. And, it looks/sounds delicious.

The recipe you linked to calls for a 350F oven temp for an hour, but if I was doing it on the grill I’d probably try 225F for about 2 hours to get to an internal temp of 160F as called for. It might take more than 2 hours, you’ll just have to be flexible the first time you do it. Doing it at 225F should get you just a bit of smokiness. If you want more of a smoky flavor, I’d use a smoke tube as well, but be cautious; it would be easy to over-smoke something like this.

Good luck.

Roast was the best thing I have eaten in awhile. I like salt the peperroni and other things helped. Was 1.87 pounds. Cooked at 225 for 3 hours to 175 using the probe. I flipped it twice putting butter slices to melt around and in the roast. Was a very windy day 3 hours seemed long. Tempteure really didn't drop but got it done. Honestly I don't use the smoker because I am in a hurry. lol. Thanks for all the help. I will be doing that again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back