Bull After Much Research Ordered RT-700

Biggs300

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I'm new to the forum, and new to pellet grills as well, so I guess I'm an all around newbie. I have been researching pellet/smoker grills for the better part of a month now and most of the research and reviews kept pointing back to the Rec Tec RT-700. I've owned numerous charcoal smokers and propane grills in the past but this time, the wife and I both decided that a pellet grill would probably better serve our needs. We entertain a lot so the RT-700 seemed the best choice.

About the only item I didn't include in my order was the GrillGrates. In my research, I found a universal searing device manufactured by Smokin' Brothers called the HeatWave. It is made of heavy stainless steel and is supposed to re-direct heat across the grates to allow searing with stove temps set around 400 degrees. The device is simple and designed to increase the grill grate to around 200 degrees for searing. After I get my grill, I'll let everyone know if it works. If not, I'll only be out $50 and will order the GrillGrates. I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of the Bull.

Congrats! I'm very happy with mine. I use a Weber gas for grilling and only smoke in my RT700. Never tried the searing grates. I just move anything to the Weber for searing.

Congrats and enjoy!

Welcome & good choice.. I got the sear grates for the 700 but they stay on the Weber gasser.. Just takes too long for the Bull to get to sear temps but it will. There are sear options as you are finding out.

Pictures when she arrives and first cooks :)..

Congrats and welcome. I like my Bull better than the Yoder that I had. It was a great investment for us.

Congrats and welcome. You'll appreciate your Bull purchase. Loving mine.

Congrats! I'm very happy with mine. I use a Weber gas for grilling and only smoke in my RT700. Never tried the searing grates. I just move anything to the Weber for searing.
Welcome to the 700 club. As said above, I only use mine for smoking. Inhave various other devices for searing that are hotter, use less fuel, and are faster. Anxious to hear how the Heatwave works for you. Keep us posted!

Thanks for your encouragement. I will let you all know if the HeatWave works. I hope it does as it would be nice to be able to turn up the temp to around 400 and be able to sear.

Congrats and great decision on getting the RT-700 Bull, your going to love it. I'm looking forward to your reports. Welcome to the forum lots of great info and people around here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back