After Months of research I pulled the trigger in Minnesota

Grillozilla

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-1250
The black Friday deal finally drew me in and my wife agreeing to let me get the grill. I have been researching pellet grills for months but always came back to RecTeq. I kind of wanted the Yoder but for the price, value, and then black friday deal I couldnt be more excited to finally get a pellet grill. I hope I can cook in the Minnesota cold winters or I will be chomping at the bit to try cooking in the spring. Its been non stop looking at recipes and any improvements I need to do. I hope the 1250 gets here soon because I am so excited to try it.

Congrats and welcome. You can cook year round on the that beast. A welding blanket helps with heat regulation and pellet consumption in cold weather.

Welcome to the family :cool:(y)
Get a welding blanket to insulate the smoker from the cold. Just don't cover the handles, they'll get hot.
On another thread, some were cooking in freezing temps with blankets.
Great people here sharing what they know.

The black Friday deal finally drew me in and my wife agreeing to let me get the grill. I have been researching pellet grills for months but always came back to RecTeq. I kind of wanted the Yoder but for the price, value, and then black friday deal I couldnt be more excited to finally get a pellet grill. I hope I can cook in the Minnesota cold winters or I will be chomping at the bit to try cooking in the spring. Its been non stop looking at recipes and any improvements I need to do. I hope the 1250 gets here soon because I am so excited to try it.
I'm in Minnesota too and my 1250 hasn't had any issues at all getting to temp. Granted it hasn't been -20 yet, but it hasn't had any issues holding high temps in the high 20s low 30s. Let us know when you get it!

I'm in Minnesota too and my 1250 hasn't had any issues at all getting to temp. Granted it hasn't been -20 yet, but it hasn't had any issues holding high temps in the high 20s low 30s. Let us know when you get it!
I got mine last week but won’t be able to assemble until after the new year. So what am I doing most of the vacation? Why watching videos about how to smoke things and reading forums on smokers.

Have a merry Christmas everyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back