RT-680 After 7 years and over 1500 cooks

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Well after 7 years and over 1500 cooks the original steel ignitor finally burned out and kept blowing fuses.

Got a new ceramic one and am back in business.

Thinking about replacing the RTD and updating controller since I opened everything up.

7 years absolutely no issues…..these grills are awesome!!!!!

Last edited:
Well after 7 years and over 1590 cooks the original steel ignitor finally burned out and kept blowing fuses.

Thinking about replacing the RTD and updating controller since I opened everything up.

Can't beat that! BTW, I installed the upgraded controller in my 680, love it.
Were you able to get the newer "hotflash" igniter? Do you have to change the fire pot?

Well after 7 years and over 1590 cooks the original steel ignitor finally burned out and kept blowing fuses.

That's pretty dang impressive.

should be good for 100,000 cooks now. i will be patiently waiting on your feedback to see if recteqs estimate is accurate
tom and jerry yes GIF by Boomerang Official

Logged…no, but can honestly say I have cooked on the bull 3-4 times a week since 2014, we use it more than our oven.
Thats awesome. Im going to cover our back porch where my grills are for exactly that reason, I want to have them out, under a cover, without a cover, and ready to cook nightly. It really is amazing when you look at it as an oven as well as grill and smoker. Last week we had a frozen pizza and did it on the Bull and I felt stupid as I thought "why have we never used this for frozen pizza before?"

Last week we had a frozen pizza and did it on the Bull and I felt stupid as I thought "why have we never used this for frozen pizza before?"
Did you lay right on rack or on a stone?

Thats awesome. Im going to cover our back porch where my grills are for exactly that reason, I want to have them out, under a cover, without a cover, and ready to cook nightly. It really is amazing when you look at it as an oven as well as grill and smoker. Last week we had a frozen pizza and did it on the Bull and I felt stupid as I thought "why have we never used this for frozen pizza before?"
Cover the porch and install an island hood to keep smoke down. I can grill 24/7/365.

Attachments

• 20210501_075117.jpg
    20210501_075117.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back