Bullseye Advice needed…..

Jaxonvol

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I’ve been a proud Bullseye owner for about a year. Mine is in great shape. I ran up on this one on marketplace and have purchased it for $50 and will pick up this afternoon. It is supposedly less than a year old and works without issue, but it obviously has not been taken care of externally. Where would you start? Any tips on how to spruce it up?

F57568C5-2C9D-4017-AE13-3EC50CE4BCCD.png

Is there a serial number somewhere on the unit that might give you an idea when it was manufactured? It certainly looks like a lot older than one year old even if it was sitting out in the weather. There might be a reason why it was only $50. But for that price it looks like a fun project to restore, Good luck!

I’d say a year old sounds about right. It looks like it says recteq on the controller. The early 380B models (introduced June 2020) had RTG on the controller.

I’d probably just wash the crud off and cook on it, but if you want to get it as close as possible to new, @Buckeye1 has a good suggestion. Nice score!

I bet it cleans up just fine, post an after pic when you do. Maybe you know someone who'd love a bullseye.

I really need to find a score like this. Still holding out for wifi.

Good luck cleaning it up with the suggestions given. I personally would not be too concerned if it didn't come out like new but give it a shot.

That grill has been abused and neglected. Contact your local authorities to prosecute the previous owner.
You may be able to get some assistance from your local grill rescue, good luck!

Take the handle and medallion off and go after it with a good buffer and automotive polishing compound. It's like rubbing compound but finer grit.

I would say you still got a "smokin" deal!:)

I have used mixture of water and white vinegar to clean mine. My lid got discolored after many cooks, so i used white vinegar and mr.clean magic eraser. It polished like brand new. Try that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back