About time to say “Hello”

Jim6820

The Crazy Ol’ Basque!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Joined a few weeks ago and have made a few posts, so thought it was time to introduce myself. Currently live in the far northwest corner of Washington state with my wife. We have grandkids scattered throughout Washington and one in Texas. My family background is Basque and we’ve spent some time in the “Basque Country” of Northern Spain. My spouse is French-Danish. Both backgrounds enjoy good food and good wine! We’re retired, so we can pretty much do as we please.

I’ve been smoking something (No, not THAT kind of smoking! 😀) for about 50 years. At the beginning, it was salmon as our whole family were diehard fishers. Living in the Pacific Northwest, salmon has been plentiful (until recently) and we liked both catching and eating it; especially smoked.

With just the two of us, our smoker/grill needs are modest and we have RT-340s at home and at a summer place. Also have a Napoleon natural gas grill that does yeoman service for searing and general grilling.

Joined a few weeks ago and have made a few posts, so thought it was time to introduce myself. Currently live in the far northwest corner of Washington state with my wife. We have grandkids scattered throughout Washington and one in Texas. My family background is Basque and we’ve spent some time in the “Basque Country” of Northern Spain. My spouse is French-Danish. Both backgrounds enjoy good food and good wine! We’re retired, so we can pretty much do as we please.

I’ve been smoking something (No, not THAT kind of smoking! 😀) for about 50 years. At the beginning, it was salmon as our whole family were diehard fishers. Living in the Pacific Northwest, salmon has been plentiful (until recently) and we liked both catching and eating it; especially smoked.

With just the two of us, our smoker/grill needs are modest and we have RT-340s at home and at a summer place. Also have a Napoleon natural gas grill that does yeoman service for searing and general grilling.
Welcome to the forum! You fit right in 🙂.

So Jim, any of the Basque Country teams you follow in La Liga? Soccer is huge in our home.
Sorry, but “futbol” has never been my game. I’ve always been a baseball guy, playing, coaching and umpiring (35 years at the high school/college level). My dad was a minor league pitcher way back when. I used to play pilota (Basque handball) back in the day, however. I do know that most Basques are passionate about futbol/soccer.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Back