A suggestion for RecTeq - Build your own bundle

Mogulmasher

I'm sure someone has thought of this at Recteq but I don't see why it has not happened. BYOB (build your own bundle).
Recteq is offering 5% discount at the moment on most any purchase and 10% discount on grill bundles. Here is my
situation. I want an RT1250. I just purchased the smokebox since it happened to be in stock and is normally hard to come by.
If I purchase the grill bundle I will receive a cover that will not fit because of the smoke box, so I will have to purchase a 2nd cover.
Also in the bundle different types of pellets are included. I understand wanting customers to sample all flavors but I do not care for mesquite.
What I would prefer is the BYOB approach. Set a minimum price threshold for each grill package, let the customer build it and receive the 10% savings.
If certain items (say a smokebox) can not be added, just say what items are excluded. i would much rather purchase a bundle of items that I truly want,
not what Recteq wants me to have. Just my thought.

I'm sure someone has thought of this at Recteq but I don't see why it has not happened. BYOB (build your own bundle).
Recteq is offering 5% discount at the moment on most any purchase and 10% discount on grill bundles. Here is my
situation. I want an RT1250. I just purchased the smokebox since it happened to be in stock and is normally hard to come by.
If I purchase the grill bundle I will receive a cover that will not fit because of the smoke box, so I will have to purchase a 2nd cover.
Also in the bundle different types of pellets are included. I understand wanting customers to sample all flavors but I do not care for mesquite.
What I would prefer is the BYOB approach. Set a minimum price threshold for each grill package, let the customer build it and receive the 10% savings.
If certain items (say a smokebox) can not be added, just say what items are excluded. i would much rather purchase a bundle of items that I truly want,
not what Recteq wants me to have. Just my thought.
Share your idea with Recteq!

You should call Recteq and talk to a rep. They may be able to customize your bundle just the way you want. They’ll either say yes or no and it won’t take long either way.

You should call Recteq and talk to a rep. They may be able to customize your bundle just the way you want. They’ll either say yes or no and it won’t take long either way.
Yep; you never know the answer until you ask the question. Call Recteq.

Sure, I understand this forum is not connected to Recteq directly but like
most forums I bet someone from Recteq browses occasionally. I may
contact them about a customized bundle as I agree they can only say no.
I would like to see maybe an area on Recteq's website where suggestions
could be left. Perhaps if enough people visited that new forum and gave opinions Recteq would possibly consider suggestions. I doubt Recteq would really be interested in my suggestion, but who knows? I'm sure they have an entire marketing department dedicated to things like this.

Sure, I understand this forum is not connected to Recteq directly but like
most forums I bet someone from Recteq browses occasionally. I may
contact them about a customized bundle as I agree they can only say no.
I would like to see maybe an area on Recteq's website where suggestions
could be left. Perhaps if enough people visited that new forum and gave opinions Recteq would possibly consider suggestions. I doubt Recteq would really be interested in my suggestion, but who knows? I'm sure they have an entire marketing department dedicated to things like this.
I know they used to back in the day come by from time to time. They've told me so. But a lot has changed with RecTeq in the last few years and I couldn't tell you how much of anyone from there comes here.

That said I do like your idea of a build your own bundle. Would be nice.

Bundles are a way to move product that’s lagging the other products. Thus the discount. Think about any mixed lot of beer, ice cream or jolly rancher . There’s always something in there you don’t like or less of the top seller. Ie., Watermelon. Top sellers move without any help or discounts.

This is an independent forum primarily discussing recteq grills, but is not affiliated with recteq.
My first inclination is yes, call Recteq. However, whether or not Recteq lurks on this forum, I do know for a fact that Recteq DOES lurk on the FB Recteq group. I have personally read some pretty heated discussions with "owners" telling RT-CS that they do not know how to start up THEIR grills, that THEY designed (Lid open or lid closed). Was nuts....

I do know for a fact that Recteq DOES lurk on the FB Recteq group…
Not the same thing. The recteq Facebook groups (there are multiple groups-a general group plus one for each grill that recteq makes/made) are hosted by recteq. If you post something on those groups, it is viewed and moderated by recteq. This forum is completely independent of recteq. They have no say or moderation in what happens here. That rests entirely on our host @Mike

Not the same thing. The recteq Facebook groups (there are multiple groups-a general group plus one for each grill that recteq makes/made) are hosted by recteq. If you post something on those groups, it is viewed and moderated by recteq. This forum is completely independent of recteq. They have no say or moderation in what happens here. That rests entirely on our host @Mike
That would explain things. I am only a member of the General Group. I knew that THIS group was independent, and that is why I joined it, and paid my lifetime dues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back