Bull A good cleaning and then, sealing.

Beerlord

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Thanks to the wonderful ideas here, I've ordered and should receive today, the gasket tape mentioned a few times. I've only had my Bull about 2 months but it's very used and I'm ok with that but I thought I'd get it cleaned of grease so the tape goes on well. I have some spray SS polish as well as Barkeepers Friend that did the deed and while not new looking, she's a happy heifer! (wrong sex?) :cool:
So, since I've been using some of my old Traeger pellets (no problem with them at all) and their a few months old, moving them around beat them up and I have lots of dust so I've cleaned out the pellet area and auger and now I just have to find something that is small enough to catch the dust as I continuing using what's left of the older pellets. Most of my sieves are a bit big for the dust but I'll figure something out.

So, the stupid question I have regarding the gasket seal tape is, is it better to put the tape on the lid/cover or attach the tape to the 'drum' instead? A majority of posts show the tape on the cover but I have seen a few where it's put on the drum itself and I'm just not sure which is best. I'm thinking cover myself.

Thanks again for all the great info. This group is truly a friendly, helpful group and this guy appreciates the time each spend sharing ideas and fun. Let me know wish everyone the merriest of Christmases and a healthy and Happy New Year! 2020 sucked but the Bull and Rectec is my bright shiny star for 2020!

I put mine on the cover but I get a slight leak around the middle top area.. just doesn't sit even in that spot. Seeing the body is not even all around I think I would have used 1/4" on the top/bottom & 1/8" on the sides since the lip there is raised more than the center part. I went with 1/8" all around. Just my thoughts if I were to do it again.

Don’t forget small piece on the lid stops also to soften the contact.

C2013BDB-81B5-4C46-9D20-E1E8D4E9F1E1.jpeg

I put mine on the lid. Be sure to get the gasket as close to the edge as possible. The lid does not cover each edge consistently. Some edges you may have a 1/4-1/2" coverage and other edges it it barely covering the barrel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HunterC
Back